Middleware Integration Developer
Full-time, Highly Competitive
Salary: Highly Competitive
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Middleware Integration Developer
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
The Middleware Integration Developer position is responsible for analysis, design, development, and implementation of Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) applications. In addition, this position will take on the responsibility for:
- System and data analysis, and design
- Data integration and workflow design
- Software development, configuration and customization
- On-Site and Post implementation support
- Assure business and technical architecture aligns with the company functional and non-functional requirements.
- Advise on best practice approaches.
- Provide regular updates of project progress and outstanding issues.
- Participate in the design and planning of projects in conjunction with the external partners, other IT, and business users.
Personal and Team Development:
- Contribute to team development through support and collaboration with remote team members.
- Contribute technical articles, case studies, white papers, analysis, advice, support, etc. to Blog and support forums
- The successful candidate is likely to have at least 3-5 years of integration experience. They will be an experienced technical middleware lead with hands on experience in middleware development that can lead software engineers and create Technical Design Documentation.
- Experience of developing integrations using IBM IIB/ACE middleware a distinct advantage
- Worked on middleware integration with a host of distributed systems in real time and batch mode
- Hands on experience in SOA architecture development
- Good experience with web services
- Excellent communications
- Strong leadership skills and able to drive solutions
- Highly competitive salary
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 27-11-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020