Senior Network Engineer
Full-time, Up to £55,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Senior Network Engineer
We are the UK’s leading pet specialist and aim to be the Best Pet Care business in the World, providing pet owners with all their needs including food, accessories, and veterinary and grooming services. Our Omni-channel retailing business operates from a UK wide store network of over 450 superstores alongside an online offering via our website. We also offer services to our customers through our in-store veterinary practices and grooming salons, as well as nutrition consultations, aquaria water testing and pet micro-chipping.
We operate the UK’s largest small animal veterinary business through our interest in around 450 first opinion joint venture practices and 4 specialist referral centres. Our first opinion practices are mainly operated under the Vets4Pets brand and are located both in-stores, as well as in standalone locations. Our referral centres provide high level, specialist services to both our own, and independent, first opinion practices.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all Pets at Home IT Network Services, including Wide Area Networks, Local Area Networks, WiFi services, Firewalls and Internet connectivity and voice and videoconferencing services. These services are provided by multiple suppliers today, and the purpose of this role is to ensure that these suppliers are all operating in a consistent, integrated manner to deliver an end-to-end network service, whilst also ensuring that the services underpin the delivery of the PaH Network strategy. The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining interfaces and relationships with key suppliers, as well as the PaH Network Architects, Project Managers and support personnel to ensure services are delivered successfully and in line with contractually underpinned service levels. Working as part of a wider Service Management team, the role will be have autonomy for the successful delivery of all Network Services.
The role is wide and varied and the successful candidate is required to possess a range of skills, including:
- Leadership, influencing and team building skills in a matrix-managed environment
- Strategic planning and technology roadmap development for network services
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Business and commercial acumen
- Supplier management
- Technical competence in the areas of Networks, Firewalling, Voice and Video
- Problem solving and Project Management methodologies
- Customer service and business change management
- Service delivery frameworks, e.g. ITIL
The role will not have any direct reports but will develop virtual teams from Pets at Home colleagues and suppliers in support of the execution of duties.
- Competitive salary up to £55,000 per annum, including annual bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays) rising to 38 after two years
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- 4 x Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 22-11-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020