Full-time, Up to £75,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £75,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
The Solution Architect (SA) reports directly to the Head of Architecture and works across all teams ensuring their People, Products and Processes architecturally support the needs of their customers and the company's product strategy. You will be responsible for helping to define the technical strategy, design and direction of the company and influencing the whole team to build solutions which achieve functionality, usability, performance, scalability, security, reliability and longevity.
As part of the architecture function the Solution Architect is a key role to shape and guide the right architectural and technical outcomes for the business. The role will be varied in technical focus but always focused on supporting the product owners and technical teams to efficiently deliver the needs of the business and their clients.
The Solution Architect is responsible for the overall solutions architecture of initiatives, ensuring quality of design, that the designs are in line with the architecture strategy and that the designs are implementable by their technical teams. The role will need to support and influence key stakeholders, such as product owners, developers and engineering to ensure product and architecture strategies are understood, supported and ultimately delivered.
- Leading project solution architecture on various levels - from high level outlined architecture to detailed architecture and in some cases high and detailed level design
- Responsibility for the Solution Architecture Documentation and other architectural deliverables, supporting the Product Owners, Business Analyst in the production of Use Cases and Use Case model, supporting Data Architecture designs in the production of agreed deliverables
- Solution governance and quality assurance, including proactive membership of Strategic Design Authority
- Providing solutions for a wide range of technologies
- Working in both traditional waterfall and agile environments
- Support the IT service management function ensuring support of the relevant processes and team members
- Support the project management team with the development of new work, ensuring that solutions are delivered in a timely manner
- 5+ years of experience working as a solution architect or lead designer
- Experience of complex multi-system solution development projects with multi-dimensioned process and data requirements
- Technical background and ability to conceptualise technology into a design, in some cases without having had direct hands-on technical experience of the technology
- Past experience of designing systems or components, which are scalable, reusable, sellable and profitable
- Relevant solution architecture skills (i.e. Process, Data, Application, and Infrastructure), and a good understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and mapping approaches
- Experience with formal architectural methodologies and frameworks, including TOGAF or Zackmann
- Very strong appreciation of Programming Language(s) used in the SDLC
- Experience in architecture modelling techniques
- Proven experience of solution design and architecture in the successful delivery of complex, highly performing and highly scalable software systems.
- Experience of working in a Retail environment would be desirable.
- The ability to identify opportunities and lead others through organisational and technology change
- Ability to work with imperfect information in the environment of uncertainty whilst still maintaining high standard, evidenced designs and documentation
- Team player with the ability and tolerance to work with others
- Can demonstrate innovative, dynamic and creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work at all levels of design conceptually, logically and physically when required
- Ability to learn/adopt and promote new technologies/applications both within the integration team and the wider business systems team
- Work with the Head of Architecture in defining, architecting and road mapping the application landscape for the Pets At Home Group
- Salary up to £75,000 per annum
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 22-11-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020