Store Manager Designate *North Wales Area*
Full-time, Up to £30,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 2, Clywd Retail Park, Rhyl Road, Rhuddlan, Rhyl, Denbighshire, LL18 2TJ
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
This is a Store Manager Designate role and as a Store Manager Designate you will be working in one of a number of stores within the North Wales area. When recruiting for Store Manager Designates it is our intention that you’ll complete a number of months in a Designate role but that you will eventually take responsibility for your own store.
Reporting into the Area Manager you will be responsible for maximising sales and performance across all major KPI’s through building a highly engaged and high performing team.
- Leading from the front with a hands-on approach you will inspire your team, inject fun into the work place and create a truly amazing place to work and shop.
- Ensuring that your store delivers an exceptional standard of customer service to our customers through the vast amount of pet knowledge and expertise that you and your team can offer.
- You will deliver the highest standards of pet care and ensure that the welfare of pets is a top priority, promoting responsible pet ownership.
- Being responsible for motivating, training and developing your team.
- Running a store which has exceptional standards and being responsible for achieving and exceeding key KPI’s.
- Ensuring that you communicate effectively to your team, providing them with daily team updates and informing them of any company, operational and product changes.
- Taking responsibility for absolutely everything in your store, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards.
- You will be responsible for the successful running of a grooming salon (if there is a Pets at Home Groom Room located within your store), with the Salon Manager reporting directly into yourself.
- You’ll have a passion for retail and a passion for pets!
- You’ll have at least 2 years management experience, gained either within a store based retail role or in a restaurant environment and have been responsible for managing a team of at least 10 people. Ideally, you’ll have experience in a similar, fast-paced environment where you’ve taken a hands-on approach.
- You’ll have a proven track record of delivering high standards and great results!
- You’ll be a people person and a real team player and this combined with your excellent communication skills enables you to really engage and inspire a team.
- You’ll be commercially focused and proactive in your approach.
- It is essential that you have a current UK drivers license and access to your own vehicle
- Competitive salary of up to £30,000 per annum, plus bonus scheme upon appointment to your own store.
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home
- Half a day holiday for your little one’s first day at school
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount – 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services and Pet Plan Insurance!
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Caring4Colleagues (grants, savings and loans)
- Celebrating Special Occasions? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Team reward vouchers
- “Treats” benefits – an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
- Charity Leave – You are entitled to have one paid days leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We are happy to discuss the opportunity to work flexibly.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 15-11-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020