Group IT Business Partner (Retail)
Full-time, Up to £85,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £85,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Group IT Business Partner (Retail)
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) as the IT Business Partner, you will serve as the strategic interface between IT and the Retail Division, with the overall responsibility for the related business technology strategy development, risk management and relationship management.
You will be the link the Retail Business Unit and IT, providing highly valued strategic consulting level support and guidance through key IT initiatives. Serving as a ‘trusted advisor’ and as the primary IT point of contact to business executives and operational managers, you will represent IT in promoting enabling services and capabilities and support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of the business. The IT Business Partner conducts a lead role in enabling the retail business to achieve its objectives through the effective use of technology.
- Responsible for the development of solution roadmaps aligned with Company Strategic objectives and Retail priorities
- Uses robust methods of communication and governance to establish key engagement points across the organisation, understanding Business drivers whilst communicating progress of relevant IT deliverables
- Provides recommendations on desired policies and goals, and ensures new/revised procedures are implemented according to established guidelines and regulation
- Collaborates with managers to develop IT annual budgets for the Retail business areas aligned to the Strategic Plan
- Oversees and controls the IT CapEx & OpEx Budgets for the Retail area, working with Management Accounts to assure and monitor
- Represents CIO at Divisional Exec, Operations and Trading Boards, providing IT status updates and acting as an escalation point for IT issues or incidents
- Works with Solution Architects to develop solution concepts and input to business cases for new investment
- Participates in field research in pursuit of new solutions and evaluate the applicability and usefulness of current solutions for the Retail team to give an innovative and competitive edge
- Ensures early lifecycle engagement from business analysis to prepare requirements to feed shaped Retail Project proposals into the overall IT Portfolio
- Engages with 3rd Party Providers on ongoing or potential solution development ensuring commercial integrity and managed supplier performance for optimum value add
- As a member of IT Leadership, act as the key liaison in the delivery of IT Shared Services across the Retail area influencing mitigation of delivery or operational risks
- Create shared vision of IT services and solutions, facilitating decision making and leading prioritisation decisions on projects relating to trade-offs where contention is experienced with resource demands and priorities
- Develop and implement sound rationale for portfolio management and managing product plans, proactively anticipating and mitigating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio
Skills / Competencies Required:
- Customer-oriented approach and outcome focused
- Strategic thinking and planning and sharp Business Acumen
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Proven Experience as an Engagement Manager/Portfolio Manager with Project Management Experience
- Nimble LEAN thinking to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth
- Excellent Verbal, Written and Presentation Communication Abilities
- Systems thinking would be an advantage
- At least 3 years of experience in Retail either through operations, or experience delivering IT solutions into a retail environment
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- Breadth: Typically has 10 years of IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and retail segments
- At least 3 years of experience with managing team(s) responsible in strategic planning, business development or client management and working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business units
Reports into Chief Information Officer
Key Stakeholders – Attends Retail Exec and Ops Board, Member of IT Leadership. Key liaison with Retail Operations team, Retail stores, Buying and Merchandising and other functions supporting Retail. Liaison with IT vendors providing support to systems supporting Retail.
- Salary up to £85,000 per annum, plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays).
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 05-11-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020