Absence Advisor – 3 Months Fixed Term
Full-time, Up to £22,000 per annum (pro rata)
Salary: Up to £22,000 per annum (pro rata)
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Absence Advisor – 3 Months Fixed Term
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
This is a great opportunity for someone starting out in their HR advisory career, as this role will predominantly focus on the management of both short and long term absence within our stores. Providing support regarding colleague wellbeing, sporadic absence, occupational health referrals and long term absence. A keen eye will be key to the role, to help establish key trends and themes across the business and making recommendations for improvements to be made.
The role will be based from our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire. Reporting into the Head of People Services you will provide People support to our Stores and Support Office, ensuring that an excellent service is provided through the delivery of People processes and procedures.
Key Relationships: People Business Partners, People Advisors, People Assistants, Area Managers, Store Managers.
- To provide excellent HR advice and guidance on colleague relations issues to area managers, store managers and colleagues.
- To provide People administration support to the People Business Partners.
- Ensuring that the Colleague Relations log is kept up-to-date.
- Producing all disciplinary and appeal correspondence, including invites and outcome letters.
- On occasions, participate in disciplinary hearings.
- On occasions, conduct and develop Support Office new starter inductions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of People policies and procedures.
- Answer the telephone and deal with HR ad-hoc queries.
- It is essential to be studying towards your CIPD
- You will have a good understanding of HR processes and procedures.
- Good questioning and listening skills are vital for this role.
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer handling/people skills
- You will have excellent organization and planning skills which will allow you to manage your own workload.
- You will be PC literate; knowledge of SAP HR would be beneficial
- The ability to continuously reprioritise workload is essential
- You will have a good attention to detail.
- Competitive salary up to £22,000 per annum (pro rata), dependent on experience
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 29-10-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020