Digital Development Manager
Full-time, Up to £46,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £46,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Digital Development Manager – Mobile Applications
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are the UK’s leading pet specialist and aim to be the Best Pet Care business in the World, providing pet owners with all their needs including food, accessories, veterinary and grooming services. Our Omni-channel retailing business operates from a UK wide store network of over 450 superstores alongside an online offering via our website. We also offer services to our customers through our in-store veterinary practices and grooming salons, as well as nutrition consultations, aquaria water testing and pet micro-chipping.
We operate the UK’s largest small animal veterinary business through our interest in around 450 first opinion joint venture practices and 4 specialist referral centres. Our first opinion practices are mainly operated under the Vets4Pets brand and are located both in-stores, as well as in standalone locations. Our referral centres provide high level, specialist services to both our own, and independent, first opinion practices.
Background to the Appointment
We are looking to accelerate our Digital development and deliver significant change as part of our overall seamless shopping strategy over the coming years. This role will ensure the successful delivery of the digital elements of the seamless shopping experience (in a channel & device agnostic way) by leading the delivery of the digital development and creating new capability for the business. This is a key role in business to use technology as an enabler to making Pets at Home the number one portal online for anything pet-related.
Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Digital Development Manager will be responsible for working across the organisation to deliver a seamless shopping experience for customers by acting as product owner for digital development projects across ecommerce and many aspects of the instore seamless shopping experience in the future.
The role is a unique blend of strategic development and practical execution. Part of a small but highly capable team (made up of internal functions and 3rd party partners) the ideal candidate will possess best in class technical and influencing skills with excellent implementation capability.
Working cross functionally within the business, this role will also help inform and educate the business on how best to maximise the opportunity by digitally engaging with customers.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Development, this role is a key member of the Digital Senior leadership team.
Strategic Development & Customer Experience
- Deliver the digital element of the seamless shopping strategy, working closely with other departments to ensure digital developments for customers and colleagues are delivered on time and in full.
- Acting as the internal product owner for the Digital development agenda introducing best in class agile project management and delivering though sprints to continually improve the customer experience.
- Understand the customer experience across all channels and devices (fostering a channel and device agnostic approach) creating a coherent approach to bringing to life the full Pets at home experience across all digital touch points.
- Working with the Group Digital Director, the digital team & 3rd party partners you will support the delivery of all significant digital projects.
- Supporting the delivery of the optimisation programme leveraging all existing functionality through a programme of small enhancements.
- Coordination and development of capital expenditure requirements in conjunction with the Business Systems (IT teams) & finance partners.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience in either a pure play business or an established multichannel organisation in a digital development delivery role.
- Experience in a direct to consumer environment e.g. retail or services would be a distinct advantage.
- Evidence of having delivered digital or multichannel developments and implemented change within a multichannel environment, handling complexity of different functional interest groups.
- Proven experience and track record of identifying, implementing and delivering change across complicated organisation structures.
- A highly commercial and experienced online expert with deep understanding of retail processes and organisations.
- Entrepreneurial and not afraid of breaking new ground we are seeking a real innovator with a proven track record of delivering new ideas to market.
- Strong customer focus and a proven record of delivering against customer needs and objectives.
- Act as the champion and internal expert with regard to digital development. Help the organisation see the wood from the trees and develop highly practical and effective development roadmaps.
Competencies and Leadership Characteristics
- The ability to hit the ground running and exhibit immediate credibility
- A willingness to get their hands dirty and involved at all levels of the organisations.
- No egos and prepared to lead by example and get stuck in
- Intuitive feel for customer needs
- High level of emotional intelligence; willing to work with and listen and learn from a successful, long-serving team
- Ability to work across different internal functions and external providers. A relationship builder who can use their interpersonal skills to build trust and develop rapport with their counterparts
- The motivation, desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, rapid
- A strong leader with a track record of recruiting and developing high performance teams.
- Results driven and action orientated.
- Competitive salary up to £46,000 per annum, plus bonus
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 after two years of employment
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 24-09-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020