Reach Truck Driver (Warehouse Colleague) Days & Nights Available
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Experienced Reach Truck and Counterbalance Drivers Needed
Pets at Home are looking for experienced Reach truck drivers to join our National Distribution Centre on Trentham Lakes in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Valid Reach or Counterbalance license (in-house is acceptable)
- Minimum 12 months experience driving a Reach or Counterbalance
- Able to pass our basic Numeracy and Literacy test
- Passes our Drug & Alcohol test
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus/people skills
- Any 5/7 including weekends (may include split days off) covering days, afternoon’s and night shifts, or Fixed Shift of 4 out of 7 days.
- £9.82 per hour
- Plus Night shift allowance
- Permanent Position
- Opportunity to progress – Rising Star schemes and Apprenticeships
- Support development and progress within the business
- 28 days holidays, rising to 33 days after 2 years’ service
- Birthday leave! (An extra day off to celebrate your birthday!)
- Time off to settle children into school/move house or settle new pets into home
- Free on-site parking
- 20% Pets at Home discount scheme across the group
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance: 4 x salary
- Charity leave – a day to work at a pet charity of your choice!
- Extra Reward Scheme - An online portal offering vouchers and discounts
- If you share our values and behaviours, you won’t just fit in here, you’ll love every minute.
- We put pets before our profit
- We work as a team
- We take pride in what we do
- We do what we say we’ll do
- We make it fun
- We get better every day
These values are lived out in the way that we behave. We support our colleagues to work with pride and passion, to bring honesty and integrity to work every day, and to do it all with a sense of fun and fearlessness. We never shy away from having the important conversations and doing what we say we’ll do. We are looking for people who are.
If this sounds like you please apply on our website.
Pets at Home Ltd has over 455 stores across the UK and more stores planned for next year.
The Support Office is located in Handforth, near Manchester. In 2003 we built a distribution centre (DC) in Stoke, which has grown in volume supported by 400+ colleagues.
To meet our aggressive store-growth plans we opened a second DC in Northampton in June 2011.
Growing from strength to strength, Pets at Home achieved recognition as one of the best 25 UK companies to work for in the Sunday Times 2013 survey and are ranked 9th in the UK and 11th in Europe as a Great Place to Work. We have also achieved recognition by Retail Week as Employer of the Year and Speciality retailer of the Year.
This is a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Reach Truck Driver to join a growing business as a Warehouse Colleague within our DC in Stoke.
- To ensure that the daily targets are achieved in a correct manner, with no picking errors or damages
- Must liaise as needed with all other colleagues to ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with Company procedures and requirements
- Awareness of the safety and well-being of others in line with company procedures and requirements
- Flexibility both in terms and duties within the warehouse and in hours of work to ensure that business needs are met.
- Maintaining the standard for driving MHE is adhered to and maintained at all times
- To be fully conversant with warehouse management system (JDA)
- To ensure that at all times the provision of the Health & Safety at Work Act is adhered to, and that any unsafe situation or action is reported immediately.
- To maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and hygiene
- To carry out any task or duty as required by the company, and as instructed by your immediate supervisor or other line manager.
- Achieve expected targets applicable to the role.
- To ensure when picking that the correct item is picked
- Stacking of pallets must be done in a safe manner to correct height with product carefully, safely and securely shrink wrapped and labelled accordingly
- To replenish picking locations with the minimum disruption and downtime to the order picker
- All empty pallets must be removed from the pick location during the replenishment put away task.
- Pallets to be loaded with product carefully, safely and securely wrapped with shrink wrap.
- Consolidate pallets where necessary to maximize pallet fill sand vehicle utilization
- All pallets must be scanned onto each vehicle to ensure accuracy and accountability.
- To tip palletize loads in a safe and timely manner
- To unload loose carton loads by hand, ensuring accuracy and using safe and correct pallet configurations
- To ensure ALL pallets are securely wrapped before they are taken for put away onto the racking.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 17-07-2020
Expiry Date: 30-09-2020