Pet Delivery Driver (Cover)
Full-time, £9.63 per hour
Salary: £9.63 per hour
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 2, Drake House Retail Park, Drake House Way, Waterthorpe, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S20 7JJ
Pet Delivery Driver (Cover) – Sheffield
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are now recruiting for a Pet Delivery Driver who will be responsible for collecting and delivering Pets to stores. You will assume responsibility for ensuring that pet welfare is paramount, that the guidelines for pet welfare are adhered to and deliveries are documented as per store requirements for small animal deliveries. You will also ensure that delivery schedules are adhered to and any delays reported to the relevant personnel, following Drivers Hours Regulations at all times.
Drivers will be seen as Ambassadors for the Business whilst they are on the road and in the public eye and must drive and act accordingly.
The role is a 24/7 operation which can see you deliver up to 120 animals a day, to up to 12 stores. You will work 156 hours over 4 weeks. This role will cover various locations in the UK and will involve working away from home the majority of the week. You may be away up to 5 nights, with hotel, evening meal and breakfast covered by the business. This will normally be Monday to Friday, however over busy periods such as Easter or Christmas, this could include some weekend work
- Ensure the vehicle being used is checked daily, is legal and in good working order
- Ensure that all Legal Documentation is being carried and is available for Local Authority Inspection if required
- Ensure that the ‘Contingency Plan’ for problems encountered is carried in the Cab at all times
- Deliver pets to stores in specialised Panel / Luton type vans
- Ensure the pets are fed and watered as and when required during the journey
- To check the animal counts against the delivery documents and report any variances on the delivery paperwork
- Ensure the animals are stowed properly and the containers do not move during Transit
- Ensure that the security of the store is not compromised during delivery
- To unload the animals into the stores
- Ensure that deliveries are made on time, reporting any variances on the delivery paperwork
- To ensure that Health and Safety procedures are adhered to at all times
- To perform any other reasonable management requests as required
- Collect equipment for return to supplier
- Monitor temperature of animal carrying area of the vehicle at prescribed intervals, checking the welfare of the animals at prescribed intervals and acting and reporting upon any out of scope variances or issues arising.
- Flexibility in terms of duties and hours of work to ensure that business needs are met
- Ensure standards are being met and maintained
- Awareness, safety and well-being of others in line with Company procedures and requirements on safe working practices
- Awareness of acting as an ambassador for Pets at Home Group
- Awareness of pet handling and pet welfare
- There may be a need to assist in store when deliveries are low in number
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to work night shift and variable shift patterns
- Prepared for occasional overnight stays
- Full driving license (max 3 points)
- £9.63 per hour
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 17-09-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020