Group Design and Delivery L&D Partner
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
You will support the business by shaping learning and development programmes which supports our business needs. Working in partnership with key stakeholders and the wider L&D function, this role will lead our delivery teams across the group to provide induction, expertise, core skills, behavioural and leadership programmes to build the capability of our colleague base. You will also enhance and build our design capability in-house whilst working with trusted partners to evolve our learning offerings, moving our learning approach to be engaging, interactive and relevant. You will drive innovative design solutions to reduce the reliance on resource intensive learning approaches.
• Lead the design team to produce customer solutions (in-house and in conjunction with third parties) that meets the needs of our strategic and operational priorities. Ensure solutions are relevant and delivers measurable outcomes. We will see blended learning approaches, such as eLearning, workshops, master classes, action learning, coaching and job aids etc.
• Contribute to the design process for critical programmes, will challenge the norm, and produce innovative learning programmes.
•Utilise third parties, however will focus on building in house design capability, thereby providing solutions that impacts the delivery teams positively.
• Have a clear design agenda and plan, that balances the business priorities and services the business.
•The design team will become recognised for their expertise and impact on the wider learning agenda.
•Mandatory training will be available online, will be monitored and operates within a governance framework.
- Be accountable for overseeing the quality of all our learning and development sessions by SME teams / external parties, with regards to implementation, impact and delivery. our delivery. Focus will be on continuous evaluation to ensure high quality standards are achieved. Will develop evaluation methods to ensure solutions meet the outcomes provided.
• Be responsible for overseeing the delivery of induction and onboarding experience, across support offices and the operational network. Will ensure a group induction is offered to all.
• Core skill development will be a focus to all critical categories as identified by our talent strategy. This will cover the breadth of the organisation by priority area – both across support offices and the operational network.
• The role will be responsible for working with the Head of Learning & Leadership Development to establish and maintain a structured management and leadership offering to enhance foundation leadership skills to senior leadership capability. You will play an active role in owning fast track programmes for critical talent groups / job categories.
• Working with the Group Head of Learning & Leadership Development, you will maintain our coaching and mentoring programme for the Group, ensure delivery by internal and external coaches / mentors is relevant and beneficial to the individual and ourselves.
• Strengthen the capability of the delivery team to become experts in L&D delivery. You will challenge the team to become a true group resource rather than specialist areas only.
- our values and behaviours are reflecting and reinforced in our design, content and delivery.
•Link learning with performance and talent conversations, driving engagement and retention.
• Work with our marketing colleagues to ensure that all solutions are effectively marketed to new starters, colleagues and prospective customers
• Deliver / represent ourselves at educational, professional forums to keep abreast of wider developments
• Work with business stakeholders to ensure design, delivery and evolution of critical programmes are achieving required learning, behavioural and business outcomes.
•Experience of a complex multisite, multi-service line organisation, service led organisation.
•An L&D delivery expert, strong understanding of content development and design
•Proven line management skills, with experience of building and growing the capability of L&D delivery / design teams
•Excellent facilitation skills
•Has developed core skills programmes which has driven capability and behaviours.
•Exposure to the full talent management lifecycle.
•Strong operational experience. Has evolved delivery programmes and resources.
•Impactful in style – credible in front of an audience
- Competitive Salary
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 15-08-2019
Expiry Date: 31-10-2019