UX Designer (1 Year Fixed Term Contract ) - 39 hours
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home, we want our digital teams to evolve the way we do business and shape the future of pet care.
To support our continuous growth, we are looking UX Designers.
- Joining our team means you’ll play a crucial role in advancing our digital capabilities and building a brand-new customer experience. We want to excel in digital, and, as we’re working at scale, we’re backing our teams with considerable investment.
- We’re also putting pets and their owners at the heart of our digital transformation. As we bring our stores, vets and groom rooms together into a holistic ecosystem of pet care, we’ll give customers a seamless, multi-channel experience that meets their individual needs at every stage.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our rapidly expanding UX team in the role of UX Designer. As the UX Designer, you will form part of a decentralised UX team, working closely within an agile Product Squad to represent UX/UI Design best practice and application. With a keen eye for detail and a customer driven focus in your approach, you will represent the UX team by putting our customers and Pets at the forefront of your design solutions, producing seamless friction free journeys that drive impactful commercial and customer experience results.
Working closely alongside the Product Owner, you will champion and take accountability for ensuring that all proposed design/journey changes within your Product Squad are designed and prioritised with best practice UX/UI techniques in mind, and ensure that our customers are always at the forefront of any proposed solution.
Your role will form part of a wider network of likeminded UX Designers, using a set of common processes and joined up agile ways of working, following a test-and-learn evidence driven ethos to create easy to use intuitive user experiences that drive growth for our group digital teams.
About your experience
- Strong working background in UX/UI Design, with a proven track record of delivering results in this space
- Wire framing and prototyping across devices including mobile, desktop, and tablet should be familiar territory
- Clear understanding and appreciation of design standards across the various screen formats.
- Prior experience of having worked within an agile delivery framework would also be advantageous
- Practical experience of any or a combination of the following software tools:
- Adobe XD & Creative Cloud / Sketch / Figma
- InVision / Axure / Balsamiq
If you are interested in shaping the digital future of a thriving business and be part of evolving our digital customer experience… APPLY NOW! It is your ultimate Pet Project.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 02-09-2022
Expiry Date: 01-10-2022