Commercial Marketing Executive
Full-time, Up to £26,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £26,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Commercial Marketing Executive
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Forming effective relationships with our internal teams, our key suppliers and agencies you will ensure our customers benefit from the breadth and strength of our supplier opportunities within the VIP Loyalty Club.
The main focus of the role is to generate marketing income to implemental CRM based activities to customers. The role expects responsibility for recruiting new marketing income opportunities from suppliers, managing implementation via either in house or agency, followed by the support of follow up activity performance data.
CRM based activities will include email, direct mail, app, digital and social media channels.
You will play a key supporting role in ensuring we attain of goals for customer retention and revenue growth through our VIP Club for Pets at Home and associated companies.
You’ll need to be an ambitious, enthusiastic commercially minded individual with strong influencing, relationship and organisation skills, hands on approach and proven ability to work as part of a fast paced consumer marketing team.
Develop effective working relationships with key internal teams, suppliers and partners to ensure activities are processed and communicated effectively to all concerned.
To facilitate supplier commitment from the existing supplier base, to a set of VIP activities and other key marketing programs for funded and value adding activity.
To implement these commitments using the product portfolio offered by the VIP club, this includes email, app and direct mail marketing as well as social media engagement.
Support the alignment of VIP activities with the trading plans and commercial priorities of Pets at Home and its associated brands.
Manage the implementation and administration of planned supplier CRM activities with our creative agencies.
Manage the activity process and administration of supplier funded VIP exclusive promotions.
Support in developing new business processes associated with promotional set up and internal communication.
- Have a competent commercial retail business understanding
- Possess excellent organisational skills and a willingness to be “hands on”.
- Be able to manage and prioritise own workload to work to deadlines
- Be confident in a fast paced environment with the ability to work on many projects at any one time
- Have experience working with marketing agencies
- Have experience in commercial negotiations and relationships
- Have 3 years+ marketing/commercial experience, ideally within a leading UK retailer.
- Be educated to degree level, ideally with a relevant business qualification.
- Have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels
- Work effectively individually, yet balance with strong team work principles
- Salary up to £26,000 per annum
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 18-07-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020