Social Media Specialist
Full-time, Up to £30,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
The strategic vision for Pets at Home Group, is to become the best pet care business in the world. To support this ambition, we aspire to be socially renowned as the “go-to” destination for rich and engaging content across all our channels. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Social Media Specialist to lead and deliver the social strategy for Pets at Home which enables us to elevate our social offering to the next level. Reporting to the Digital Content Manager within an established Digital marketing team, this is a hugely exciting opportunity to, build on the successes to date and continue to grow our social voice across multiple channels.
The successful candidate will demonstrate real drive for connecting with existing and prospective customers online through creation of engaging, relevant content. A creative and strategic individual is required to think outside the box and use their own initiative to plan and execute exciting and innovative social campaigns to inspire, excite and engage our audience and set us apart from our competitors.
Social Media Strategy
- Collaborate with social agency and wider marketing team to develop and deliver the social media strategy, growing social presence and increasing community size and engagement.
- Ensure social media strategy is aligned with wider Pets at Home group business objectives, trading activity and marketing campaigns to drive both brand and commercial benefit
- Devise and deploy content distribution strategies, both paid and organic, ensuring content is targeted to reach a wide and relevant audience, delivering against key metrics
- Lead the execution and growth of social media communities in over 450 stores, through delivery of a successful strategy to support content , reporting, best practice and moderation - to grow our social presence at a local level.
- Maintain authority as in-house social expert, staying abreast industry best practice, developments, trends, technologies and competitor activity, advising the wider business accordingly.
Social content and campaigns
- Lead the planning, creation and distribution of a timely and relevant content calendar integrated across all channels to drive brand awareness and engagement with the social community
- Work with social agency to ensure content calendar is data driven, and topics are aligned with seasonal trends and conversations to meet audience demand and drive reach
- Collaborate with wider content and design teams to brief in multimedia assets and content as required to support and enhance the social plan
- Plan and execute best in class social campaigns and competitions to excite, inspire and grow our social audience, building brand awareness and social reach
- Strive to deliver fresh and innovative content, exploring a variety of trends and techniques and trialling new platforms where relevant
- Investigate further opportunities to work with influencers, suppliers and partners to create varied content, gain wider reach and engage with new audiences
- Work with VIP and trading teams to develop relationships with suppliers, investigating ways to drive incremental revenue through social activity and devising a clear process to support this
- Ensure paid and organic content is scheduled and delivered efficiently across multiple social media channels, and sites, using social media planning tool
- Act as brand guardian, ensuring all social content is on brand and in line with digital tone of voice guidelines to maintain a consistent and relevant user experience across each channel
Reporting and Analysis
- Lead the reporting on all social media activity, analysing performance, and optimising content and campaigns accordingly to continuously improve on delivery against key metrics
- Deliver reports to suppliers and partners on joint social activity to demonstrate results and ROI, making recommendations to improve performance on any future campaigns
- Utilise social listening tools to create and deliver dashboards and reports , providing valuable insights to the business, and informing the wider content strategy
- Continually monitor & evaluate competitor activity – keeping all relevant stakeholders up to date with latest developments to drive competitive edge within the marketplace
- Responsible for line management, growth and development of social media executive
- Act as key point of contact for social media agency, building a strong working relationship with the account team to ensure maximum support and output
- Ownership of social media budget, managing spend and reviewing plans to ensure maximum efficiencies and output from budget available. Liaise with finance department as necessary.
- Make recommendations to ensure the optimum platforms and tools are in place to support the social content objectives. Manage relationship with 3rd party suppliers as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the Customer Service team to plan and execute a new and improved solution to manage customer service queries across social channels in a professional and timely manner
- The successful candidate should have at least 5 years experience in a social media role, ideally for a successful brand or retailer
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a relevant marketing qualification
- A good understanding of consumer, content and digital marketing disciplines
- Excellent written ability, including the ability to write in different styles, for different audiences, across different platforms
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Highly literate with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, often managing a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work creatively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, and also within a team
- A creative thinker - with a drive and determination to think outside the box and deliver exciting, innovative content
- Deep understanding of social metrics and social media reporting and listening tools, with the ability to analyse results and drive improvements
- Experienced in working with third party agencies, vendors and partners
- Knowledge of/Passion for the pet industry would be an advantage
- Salary up to £30,000 per annum
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Free Gym
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 17-07-2019
Expiry Date: 31-01-2020