Reach Truck Driver (Warehouse Colleague)
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Pets at Home Ltd has over 440+ stores across the UK and more stores planned for next year. The Support Office is located in Handforth, near Manchester. In 2003 we built a distribution centre (DC) in Stoke, which has grown in volume supported by 400+ colleagues. To meet our aggressive store-growth plans we opened a second DC in Northampton in June 2011.
Growing from strength to strength, Pets at Home achieved recognition as one of the best 25 UK companies to work for in the Sunday Times 2013 survey and are ranked 9th in the UK and 11th in Europe as a Great Place to Work. We have also achieved recognition by Retail Week as Employer of the Year and Speciality retailer of the Year.
This is a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Reach Truck Driver to join a growing business as a Warehouse Colleague within our DC in Stoke, to work primarily on our Replenishment and Put away functions.
Warehouse FLM -NDC
- To ensure that the daily targets are achieved in a correct manner, with no picking errors or damages
- Must liaise as needed with all other colleagues to ensure that the work is carried out in accordance with Company procedures and requirements
- Awareness of the safety and well-being of others in line with company procedures and requirements
- Flexibility both in terms and duties within the warehouse and in hours of work to ensure that business needs are met.
Must have a valid Reach truck licence and have had at least 12 months experience in operating a Reach truck. (In House Licences are acceptable as we do review and retrain during induction, if successful).
- Maintaining the standard for driving MHE is adhered to and maintained at all times
- To be fully conversant with warehouse management system (JDA)
- To ensure that at all times the provision of the Health & Safety at Work Act is adhered to, and that any unsafe situation or action is reported immediately.
- To maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and hygiene
- To carry out any task or duty as required by the company, and as instructed by your immediate supervisor or other line manager.
- To ensure when picking that the correct item is picked
- Stacking of pallets must be done in a safe manner to correct height with product carefully, safely and securely shrink wrapped and labeled accordingly
- To replenish picking locations with the minimum disruption and downtime to the order picker
- All empty pallets must be removed from the pick location during the replenishment put away task.
To transfer via reach truck, pallets of stock from the Goods In docks to either pick face or to a high level reserve location as directed by the JDA system.
- Pallets to be loaded with product carefully, safely and securely wrapped with shrink wrap.
- Consolidate pallets where necessary to maximize pallet fill sand vehicle utilization
- All pallets must be scanned onto each vehicle to ensure accuracy and accountability.
- To tip palletize loads in a safe and timely manner
- To unload loose carton loads by hand, ensuring accuracy and using safe and correct pallet configurations
- To ensure ALL pallets are securely wrapped before they are taken for put away onto the racking.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus/people skills
- Hourly rate: £9.09 per hour (Level 2) and rising to £9.63 (Level 3) after successful completion of a 12 week probation period.
- Many shift patterns also attract extra pay allowances / premiums. For example, Nights, Some Weekend shifts etc.
- Shifts: any 5/7 including weekends (may include split days off) covering days, afternoon’s and night shifts, or Fixed Shift of 4 out of 7 days.
- Holidays – 28 days including bank holidays, rising to 33 days after two years’ service
- An extra day’s holiday when it’s your birthday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Personal Health Insurance scheme (if in Pension Scheme)
- Life assurance: 4 x salary
- 20% Pets at Home discount scheme
- Pets at Home “Treats” voluntary benefits package
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 25-06-2019
Expiry Date: 13-09-2019