Warehouse First Line Manager [E-Commerce]
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Swan Valley Way, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 9BD
Warehouse First Line Manager (E-Commerce) – Northampton Distribution Centre
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
Pets at Home is seeing a significant growth in the E-Commerce business, having grown by 933% over the last 3 years and predicted to grown by a further 30% year on year.
We are currently going through an exciting change within our rapidly expanding ecommerce operation. Huge investments are being made in automation, which goes live in September. This investment will future proof the business, adapting the operations to embrace the aggressive growth in online shopping.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We now have a great opportunity for a Warehouse First Line Manager to lead a team of warehouse operators at our DC in Northampton. The site operates shift patterns over a 24/7 period.
Reporting to the Site Shift Manager,
Responsible for all operational and site aspects of an E-Commerce operation.
- Maintain a proactive approach to risk management and adherence to site health & safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure the operation consistently meets the requirements of the business, in terms of quality, productivity, daily and weekly operations reporting and key performance indicators (KPI) management.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and added value whilst key service levels are not affected.
- Maintain the accuracy of the warehouse stock file, ensuring stock control processes and controls are adhered to.
- Responsible for developing a collaborative relationship with internal teams & suppliers to ensure that communication within the operation is consistent.
Scale of Site:
- Up to 300 warehouse colleagues
- 24/7 operation
- Delivery up to 250 stores
- In house Transport Department.
- Management team of approximately 20
- Up to 850,000 cases per week distributed
- Recycling centre
Nature and Scope:
- Conduct daily briefs to the team, covering volumes to be picked/service level/damages/error rate and own shift case rate, also covering the % picked and actual against the business demand.
- Plan and manage the day to day requirements of their designated area to meet demands, utilising the colleagues available in the areas that suit for that days requirements.
- Monitor all absence from work ensuring all Return To Work Interviews are completed and action taken where required.
- To liaise with Stock Control daily to discuss warehouse cross offs and availability and rectify accordingly, covering any replenishment errors.
- To ensure all accident / incidents investigations are carried out and reports presented to Human Resources.
- Be pro-active in the planning of the shift patterns including precise and accurate handover shift by shift.
- Carry out the disciplinary procedure up to the written warning stage, ensuring that all disciplinary procedures have been adhered to within the Company handbook.
- Liaise with agency representative on a daily basis regarding performance/absence/ holiday/discipline.
- Liaise with transport department daily to assist in the best way to consolidate loads without jeopardising the service to stores.
- To promote a safe working environment for all colleagues and that all the colleagues are briefed on statutory regulations as well as company regulations relevant to Pets at Home.
- Manage all the overtime that is required taking into account the budget figures that have been set within individual areas to meet the business and costs demand.
- Oversee the holiday entitlement for their areas and manage in line with the site policy.
- Produce accurate KPI’s on a daily basis for the Site Shift Manager ensuring all information is reliable and precise.
- Ensuring that the general standard of housekeeping is to agreed standards.
- Ensure that all mechanical handling equipment (MHE) is maintained and operated to safe working standards in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure all colleagues are fully trained to carry out their tasks effectively.
- Maintain effective and constructive colleague relations.
- Represent the warehouse on the colleague improvement forum and health and safety committees.
- Will act upon and follow up any other reasonable requests as identified by senior management.
- Two available shift patterns - either Fixed PM (2pm-10pm working 5/7) or Fixed Nights (10pm-6am working 5/7)
- Competitive salary of up to £30,000 per annum for PM shift and up to £36,000 per annum for night shift
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra day’s holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Values Awards
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 06-06-2019
Expiry Date: 02-08-2019