Deputy Store Manager - Newbury
Full-time, £22,316 - £31,243
Salary: £22,316 - £31,243
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 1, 123 London Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2BX
Join the Pets at Home Group, where you'll enjoy a competitive salary, with the opportunity to earn an annual bonus, as well as a comprehensive range of benefits.
At Pets at Home, we have an ambitious plan to become "The Best Pet Care Business in the world", and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are the foundations that will help us to deliver Our Better World Pledge, to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
We are delighted to have recently won "Best Place to Work" and "Best Retailer" at the Retail Week Awards! These are prestigious awards within the Retail Industry, and we couldn't be prouder to be winners. We were also shortlisted in three 2021 Personnel Today Award categories, including "Employee Benefits Award", "Family Friendly Employer of the Year", and we were also winners of the "HR Team of the Year award"!
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It's fast-paced, innovative, fun, and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone can come to work and be themselves, which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique. If you share our belief that together 'we're better with pets', we'd like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
As a Deputy Manager, you will be a vital member of the store management team. You will be involved in absolutely everything of the store's running, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards. Your Store Manager will empower you to ensure that your team are maximising sales and performance across all primary KPI's. You will lead from the front with a hands-on approach. You will inspire your team, inject fun into the workplace and create a truly fantastic place to shop and work
We will give you the training, skills, and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is:
- Experienced in working within the retail sector with a minimum of 1 year’s management experience.
- Flexible. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern across 7 days a week.
- Passionate for retail and has a proven track record of delivering high standards and great results.
- A team player with excellent communication skills to engage and inspire your team.
Ready to take on 12 months of industry-leading training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, Customer Service and Health and Safety
We reward and recognise our Managers in ways that matter to them.
Our benefits reflect our support of your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
- A discretional annual bonus scheme available to all hourly paid store colleagues
- Paid Holidays: all colleagues will receive at least 28* days paid annual leave, which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro-rata calculated on your contracted hours.
- The company will contribute at least 3.5% of your salary to your company pension plan, and most colleagues can also take advantage of our salary sacrifice pension scheme too.
- Refer a friend. If you recommend a role to someone you know, and they are offered and accept the role, you will receive £250 per placement.
- The company will contribute towards your private medical insurance for you, your partner, and your children.
- We've given all colleagues access to recognise and celebrate your teams and colleagues' achievements through peer-to-peer e-cards on our online recognition and benefits platform. You can also nominate your colleagues or teams to win colleague or team of the month!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- An additional day's paid leave for your Birthday.
- An additional day's paid leave to welcome your new pet into your family, which we like to call your "Pet-ernity" day! (if you have a new dog, horse, or cat in the family)
- An additional day's paid leave to carry out Your Better World Pledge day, which enables colleagues to provide significant value and non-financial support to pets, people and our planet within their local community.
- An additional week's paid leave (pro-rata) to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership.
- A gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby.
- Long service awards and gifts to celebrate service anniversaries between 5 - 30 years.
- Colleagues with at least 1 years' service who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship can apply for a non-repayable grant from our Colleague Hardship Fund.
- Colleague discounts for all Pets at Home Group brands within our Pets at Home stores, The Groom Room, Vets4Pets and online.
- Discounted pet insurance as part of our ongoing partnership with Petplan®
- We want our colleagues to share in the success of our business, which is why we offer two fantastic discretionary share plans (subject to approval) to all store colleagues within our stores and groom rooms. An award of free shares each year; and access to join our Sharesave scheme for colleagues to save a chosen amount of money every month for 3 years to purchase shares at a 20% discounted share price.
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme to buy a tax-free bicycle, equipment, or both.
- There are lots of savings and discounts to be made on your everyday purchases with over 800 retailers and services in-store and online through our benefits platform.
- We provide you with support, information, and valuable links to manage your financial wellbeing. These include money tools, a budget planner, a loan calculator, financial information on budgeting, spending, credit and borrowing, links to financial support, financial aid, and easy access to savings and loans.
- We also provide you with tools, articles, helplines, and support to help you manage your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
- A free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) includes access to counselling and information on managing mental health, self-care, managing stress, domestic abuse, loneliness, low self-esteem, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, and much more.
- Life Assurance for all colleagues. We don't like to think about it. Still, it's good to know that we provide financial security for your chosen beneficiaries in the unfortunate event of your death.
Click here for more details and other benefits.
Please note that we reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date due to the large volume of applications that we may receive. It’s important that our team can manage application levels whilst offering a positive candidate experience. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now to avoid the disappointment of this happening. Thank you
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-05-2022
Expiry Date: 14-06-2022