Full-time, £29,987.85 - £29,987.85
Salary: £29,987.85 - £29,987.85
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Swan Valley Way, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 9BD
Drivers – Shunter
Location – Northampton
Salary – Up to £29987.85 (4 on 4 off)
Shifts – Nights
We have several opportunities for Shunter Drivers based at our Distribution Centre in Northampton.
Ensuring the safe and efficient movement of vehicles between parking bays and loading bays, to fuel vehicles, and when required undertake normal collection and delivery duties
- Carrying out equipment checks
- Reporting any mechanical defects
- Reporting any accident, breakdown or emergency as soon as possible
- Taking all responsible action to ensure the safety and security of vehicles, equipment and goods
- Familiarising with the operation of the vehicle wash and use as instructed
- Assist with fuelling, oil and water checks
- Overtime available
- Night shift 18.00 - 06.00, 4 on 4 off pattern
- Access to a great pension scheme
- Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employment
- Canteen with reduced prices
- Free car parking
- Uniform provided
- Reward schemes
- Modern working environment
These new Shunter Driver opportunities have been created due to the experiential growth and expansion of our operation.
The Shunter Driver vacancies would suit individuals who have a demonstrable, driving track record within the transport industry, within a people-oriented, 24/7 multi-site operation. This is a great platform to further your transport career within a growing and financially stable organisation.
What you'll bring with you:
- A full clean driving licence
- Class 1 (C+E) License
- A digital tachograph card
- A genuine commitment to customer service
- Good communication skills.
- Up to date experience and working knowledge in driver legislation such as Tachograph or similar
If you want to ‘drive’ your own success and thrive on taking full ownership of your role we want to hear from you! Contact us directly to speak with us about all vacancies within our Transport division.
CALL - 07719 030309
EMAIL - DCrecruitment@petsathome.co.uk
or send your CV direct to our careers site: https://www.petsathomejobs.com/
What you’ll get in Return…keep reading!
We’re not just another retailer. So this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home. But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
We offer some great rewards for your hard work, including generous holiday allowances (including an extra day on your birthday!) you can save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 20% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more!
We moving to a new purpose-built facility in Stafford, we'd love you to come with us but we realise this might not be for everyone! We’re committed to developing all of our colleagues, so whether your future is within our DC, our wider Group or elsewhere, you'll get the best training and support to develop your skills for now and in the future.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 03-08-2022
Expiry Date: 18-08-2022