Data Protection Advisor
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Data Protection Advisor
Location: Remote working with travel required to Handforth office when needed
Salary: Up to £32,000
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Adviser to join the Data Protection team at the Pets at Home Group. Reporting to the Group Data Protection Officer (DPO), you will be expected to play a critical role in supporting the team to deliver their data protection business plan. This role will support the data protection team with ensuring compliance with Data Protection law across the group. The team deals with a wide and interesting range of work, including processing of data subject requests, investigation of data breaches, policy creation and assisting the business with key privacy related projects and queries. You need to be a confident communicator, highly organised and have a clear understanding of Data Protection legislation.
- Process Data Subject Rights requests
- Process third party data requests
- Maintain the groups ICO registrations
- Provide tailored advice to all parts of our business on data protection matters
- Provide tailored advice to our marketing and communications teams on Privacy and Electronic Regulations (PECR).
- Investigate and respond to customer and colleague complaints about the processing of their personal data.
- Assist the Data Protection Team with Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) on group projects and processes that involve personal data.
- Update new policies and procedures to ensure the Group’s ongoing compliance with data protection laws and recommended best practice.
- Support the team in conducting data protection audits.
- Provide administrative support to the Data Protection team including but not limited to, managing the teams email inbox, incoming telephone calls and post.
- Support with the delivery of training and awareness raising activities to colleagues on data protection related matters.
- Conduct root cause analysis in relation to personal data breaches and identify remedial actions, escalating to the Group DPO where appropriate.
- Support the team with implementation of the data protection strategy and any other data protection work as advised by the Group DPO.
- Maintain a good knowledge of data protection and privacy law, regulation, practices and related guidance at an EU and UK level.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of processing Data Subject Requests of both customers and colleagues
- Good knowledge of UK data protection law.
- Previous experience of handling customer complaints effectively.
- Previous experience of successfully investigating and remediating personal data breaches.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Strong communicator
- Experience of organising and planning your own workload, with an ability to prioritise tasks to be able to meet various competing deadlines
- High standard of literacy and effective written communication skills for writing letters, reports, policies, procedures, briefing and meeting notes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal / external stakeholders
- Background from similar industry or private sector
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Data protection related qualifications / certification, i.e. International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Good knowledge of the PECR.
- Good understanding of information security principles.
- Experience of leading data protection teams.
If you’re looking for a role where two days are never the same, and you’ll never get bored this is the perfect opportunity for you. The role is fast paced, so it is essential you are a highly organised individual, and can prioritise workload.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 11-06-2021
Expiry Date: 26-06-2021