Full-time, £30,000 - £40,000
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Contracted Hours: 37.5
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Isambard House, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2EH
Financial Compliance Accountant
Location: Swindon Support Office (with hybrid working)
Contract: 9 months
Salary: £30,000- £40,000 per year
About the Pets at Home Group
The Pets at Home Vet Group has undergone significant growth over the course of the last 2 years and is now one of the largest vet groups in the UK. This is a hugely exciting time to join the business with continuing growth and opportunities.
We are based in state of the art offices, incredibly friendly and supportive with every chance on offer to be recognised for leading and developing your individual area and making a mark in the business. You must share our passion for pets as we are driven by providing the best in both customer service and pet care throughout the Group and our 400+ vet practices over the UK.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About the role
We are looking for a Financial Compliance Accountant to prepare the statutory and regulatory financial reporting all our veterinary practices.
The Compliance team works alongside the other five Finance teams to deliver a statutory reporting and tax compliance package for both a growing group of joint venture businesses and a small band of group managed practices.
Key responsibilities (will include, but not limited to):
- Reporting to the Financial Compliance Reporting Lead, the role will be responsible for:
- Preparing FRS102 small company accounts for joint venture companies
- Preparing FRS101 accounts for group managed practices and support office companies
- iXBRL tagging of financial statements
About your experience
Education-The role would suit someone who is ACCA/ACA/CIMA part-qualified/qualified or QBE
Skills & Knowledge
- Good knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, to include small companies under UK GAAP
- Knowledge of IRIS advantageous
- Ability to follow applicable company and group policies and processes
- Strong Excel skills are essential with knowledge of other MS Office applications
- A self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a wider team
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 04-02-2022
Expiry Date: 02-02-2032