Agile Development Test Lead
Full-time, £40,000 - £50,000
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Remote working, with travel to the Handforth Support Office
The Agile Development Test Lead is responsible for the success of Project-specific testing activities to which they are assigned. The role ensures that system change implementations are error free with minimal disruption to the wider operation. You’ll take accountability for policies, processes & quality assurance and Unit planning together with test analysis, design, preparation, and execution.
You will join the DevOps team, working closely with Test Manager, Developers, Business Analysis, and other areas within the business to ensure everything is ready to test before being released into the live environment.
This role will contribute to our end goal of a fully personalised customer experience that integrates pet care across store, multi-channel and vets to deliver seamless service.
- The Agile Development Test Lead is responsible for the successful delivery of the testing, including co-ordination of the various, environments and resources with a complete focus on meeting the testing objectives. The streams of activity within this role are expected to include;
- Work collaboratively with the DevOps Squads, cross-functional teams and Business Stakeholders
- Test-dependent activities such as requirement verification, prioritisation, risks, and data requirement identification
- Offering opinions and solutions to technical problems and working through tests options with your project team and Stakeholders as required
- Providing technical direction by setting priorities and vision for the unit test team
- Providing technical guidance and expertise
- Identify areas for improved testing efficiencies, test automation and implementation of automated test solution.
- Participate, Develop and enhance test automation framework for multi-functional web and mobile app-based solution
- Take active part in DevOps best practices implementation best practices for continuous integration, build automation, deployment automation, configuration management Setup and maintenance, sharing knowledge and championing the role across the Pets at Home Group
- Create and execute feature tests cases against technical requirements related to Azure B2C, Salesforce, Google data warehouse
- Own feature testing, define test plans and execute test case and report in Azure DevOps
- Create and modify scripts using to increase test automation coverage
- Debug test execution and automation issues and resolve the same to ensure successful test execution in a CI/CD environment
- Support execution and debugging with internal agile squad teams
- Support test environmental setup and test data management
- Verify entry and exit criteria and defect management activities
Experience required for this role includes:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly assimilate risks and issues and impacts to influence decision making to testing
- Extensive experience of understanding complex business processes, system, and project interdependencies to anticipate user behaviour or risks to systems
- Excellent communication, skills to articulate risks and issues and impacts to influence decision making and explain complex problems to a wide audience
- Experience with Agile, Iterative and Waterfall software development lifecycles
- Working experience of design and execution of unit test
- Working experience of scrum, agile, DevOps methodology
- Working experience of Azure Active Directory B2C, salesforce, WebSphere
- Experience in access and identity management of cloud technologies – AWS, Azure, Google
- Experience in running black box, white box, grey box tests manually or in an automated fashion
- Experience/knowledge of API testing and working with JSON, XML
- Hands-on experience on automation of UI/API using Java/C#/.Net based automation frameworks.
- Exposure to testing automation tools and principles of Postman, Newman, Selenium, Webdriver, JMeter, Lighthouse
- Working experience of Azure DevOps tools with Boards, Repos, Pipelines, Test Plan
- Passion for coding and scripting, having an eye to identify problem root cause and deliver efficient solutions
- Enthusiasm to learn new technology and adopt with high velocity
- Experience of running automated test suites in CI/CD environments using azure DevOps pipelines
- Good understanding of application/system code and unit tests.
- Experience in source control tools. Preferably Git, Gitlab, Azure repos
- Experience of QA lifecycle activities (e.g., test planning, execution, and analysis)
- ISTQB Agile Test Extension
- Knowledge of TMMI
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of the Retail and EComm arena
- Experience in API, GUI Automation Testing for web and mobile applications
- Experience in build and enhancement the automated testing framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Proficiency on using automation test by scripting with any object-oriented programming language.
- Experience in using different testing technique in the test design for manual and automation test.
- Experience in working with acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), automated unit testing (AUT), and behaviour-driven development (BDD).
- Experience in the design and execution of Performance tests
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 14-01-2022
Expiry Date: 01-04-2022