Pricing & Promotions Manager
Full-time, £50,000 - £60,000
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the Role
As the Pricing and Promotions Manager, you will be responsible for leading a dynamic team in supporting the development and execution of our pricing and promotions proposition. You will lead a team that works cross-functionally to define and deliver against business pricing strategy, targets, and support in the development of pricing and promotional analytics capabilities and tools.
You will lead the conversation and decision making on price and promotional strategy, working cross functionally and with senior leadership teams as well as working collaboratively across the Commercial & Marketing teams on the most effective value communications, delivering optimum outcomes on customer perception.
Further key responsibilities will include;
- Embedding effective reviews working with the Commercial Finance and Customer Insight teams to drive the activation of pricing and promotional strategy, through robust planning, execution and evaluation
- Leveraging data, reporting, and analysis to continue to improve our approach & frameworks for influencing decision-making
- Managing our Pricing & Promotional Performance
- Developing our Value Strategy by evaluating performance, identifying opportunities and developing new proposals
- Improving Promotional effectiveness through understanding, analysis, development and collaboration
You will be a leader who has previous experience from within a Pricing, Data & Analytics or Commercial Finance function within an established retail business, having ideally focussed on pricing/promotions.
Your influencing and collaboration skills will be strong and you will have experience of working cross functionally with Commercial, Finance and Customer Insight teams.
Further key skills/experience required includes;
- The ability to work in complex and ambiguous situations to drive strategic outlook
- A strong understanding of retail data and commercial inputs and outputs, ideally from within a merchandise retailer
- A passion for leading with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to develop and lead an engaged team of colleagues
- Solution based thinking with a willingness to challenge the norm and innovate to optimise our value proposition
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our purpose
Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 12-01-2022
Expiry Date: 29-01-2022