Store Colleague Newark - 8 hours
Part-time, £9.06 - £9.06
Salary: £9.06 - £9.06
Contracted Hours: 8
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 5, Northgate Retail Park, Trent Lane, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 1GA
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Pets at Home Group where you’ll enjoy a competitive base pay, with opportunities to earn the Real Living Wage (or more!) through our Earn As Your Learn training programmes, as well as being able to earn additional pay supplements through extra training.
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in a sustainable is our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver Our Better World Pledge, to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
We are delighted to have recently won "Best Place to Work" and “Best Retailer” at the Retail Week Awards! These are prestigious awards within the Retail Industry, and we couldn’t be prouder to be winners. We were also shortlisted in three 2021 Personnel Today Award categories, including “Employee Benefits Award”, “Family Friendly Employer of the Year”, and we were also winners of the “HR Team of the Year award”!
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique. If you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
Click here to read our Values & Behaviours
Your role will be at the heart of our stores and will ensure our customers have a great experience that sets us apart and drives customer loyalty for our great brands.
Our Store Colleagues are critical to the success of our business and are responsible for exceeding our customer’s expectations on a daily basis; whilst also ensuring the highest standard of pet care, brilliant operational standards and building strong relationships with our customers and colleagues.
We will give you the training, skills and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is;
- Passionate about delivering great service
- Flexibility. Due to the nature of working within a busy retail environment, we need you to have the ability to work a flexible shift pattern, across 7 days a week. You’ll be offered a minimum contract of 8 hours, but often required to work more hours to cover busy periods, absence and holidays.
- Experienced in a customer-facing environment
- Experienced in achieving stretching targets
- Ready to take on 12 months of industry-leading training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, Customer Service and Health and Safety.
We reward and recognise our store colleagues in ways that matter to them
Our benefits are designed to support your mental, emotional, and financial wellbeing, both now and in the future. Here are some of our benefits which may be available to you:
- A discretional annual bonus scheme available to all hourly paid store colleagues
- Paid Holidays: all colleagues will receive at least 28* days paid annual leave which will rise to 33* days after 2 years (*this includes 8 bank holidays and will be pro rata calculated on your contracted hours)
- The company will contribute at least 3.5% of your salary into you company pension plan and most colleagues can also take advantage of our salary sacrifice pension scheme too
- Refer a friend. If you recommend a role to someone you know, and they are offered and accept the role, you will receive £250 per placement.
- We’ve given all colleagues access to recognise and celebrate your teams and colleague’s achievements through peer-to-peer e-cards on our online recognition and benefits platform. You can also nominate your colleagues or teams to win colleague or team of the month!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- An additional day’s paid leave for your Birthday
- An additional day’s paid leave to welcome your new pet into your family, which we like to call your “Pet-ernity” day! (if you have a new dog, horse or cat in the family)
- An additional day’s paid leave to carry out Your Better World Pledge day which enables colleagues to provide significant value and non-financial support to pets, people and our planet within their local community
- An additional week’s paid leave (pro rata) to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership.
- A gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Long service awards and gits to celebrate service anniversaries between 5 - 30 years.
- Colleagues with at least 1 years’ service who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship can apply for a non-repayable grant from our Colleague Hardship Fund.
- Colleague discounts for all Pets at Home Group brands, within our Pets at Home stores, The Groom Room, Vets4Pets and online.
- Discounted pet insurance as part of our ongoing partnership with Petplan®
- We want our colleagues to share in the success of our business which is why we offer two fantastic discretionary share plans (subject to approval) to all store colleagues within our stores and groom rooms:
- an award of free shares each year; and
- access to join our Sharesave scheme for colleagues to save a chosen amount of money every month for 3 years, to purchase shares at a 20% discounted share price.
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme to buy a tax-free bicycle, equipment, or both.
- There are lots of savings and discounts to be made on your everyday purchases with over 800 retailers and services instore and online through our benefits platform.
- We provide you with support, information and useful links to manage your financial wellbeing such as money tools, a budget planner, loan calculator, financial information on budgeting, spending, credit and borrowing, links to financial support, financial aid and easy access savings and loans.
- We also provide you with tools, articles, helplines and support to help you manage your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
- A free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by the Retail Trust for all colleagues, which provides access to counselling and information on managing mental health, self-care, managing stress, domestic abuse, loneliness, low self-esteem, bereavement, relationship breakdowns, and much more.
- Life Assurance cover for all colleagues. We don't like to think about it, but it’s good to know that we provide financial security for your chosen beneficiaries in the unfortunate event of your death.
Click here for more details and other benefits.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 29-12-2021
Expiry Date: 27-12-2031