IT 1st Line Analyst - Permanent
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
1st Line IT Service Desk Analyst (Training will be provided)
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid working pattern (2 home/3 office)
Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Salary: Up to £22,000
About the Role
We are currently growing our IT Service Desk team! If you have an interest in IT, alongside proven experience in a customer service environment, then we would love to hear from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build upon your customer service skills within an IT environment, supporting our colleagues across the business with IT and technical queries. The IT Service Desk team offer a great service to over 450 Pet Care Centres and Vet Practices, alongside 4 Support Office building and 2 Distribution Centres.
The roles are based at Handforth Support Office (just off the A34 bypass and a short walk from Handforth train station) and will work across a varied shift pattern between the hours of 08:00 and 20:10, including working 1 in 4 weekends.
Working as part of the IT Service Desk team can open up a wide range of opportunities to develop your career within technology at Pets at Home. Our 1st Line Service Desk Analysts have progressed to supervisors, 2nd line support and IT Operations, in addition to developing careers across the wider IT team. Once you have completed your training, you will have the opportunity to work at home for two days each week, out of five.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Responding to a range of service requests and incidents, raised to the IT Service Desk via telephone, email and through our self-service system
- Recording accurate, detailed information and tracking incidents from creation until completion in our Service Management tool, ensuring resolution in a timely manner and to a high standard to minimise disruption to the business
- Troubleshooting queries across hardware and software, both on site in the office and remotely for colleagues across our Pet Care Centres, Distribution Centres, Vet Practices and Support Offices
- Handling a wide array of service requests, ranging from password resets to software installations.
- Where a solution cannot be provided in a timely manner, escalating appropriately to the relevant support teams, both internally and with external 3rd Parties
- Working to meet IT Service Desk service level agreements and individual KPI’s
- Providing a friendly, efficient and professional service for our colleagues.
- Annual bonus scheme
- 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 36 days after 2 years’ service.
- Birthday leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Pension - You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member).
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Discounted Life assurance
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
A proven track record of providing high quality customer service in a busy environment is essential, as this role will be doing just that. Time management and organisational skills are also required, alongside a love of problem solving.
You are likely to have a real interest in IT and technology. Any knowledge of MS Office applications along with previous IT service desk / support experience, would be advantageous but is by no means essential – training will be provided. What is important is an eagerness to learn and develop, alongside a real desire to provide an amazing experience to our colleagues.
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award-winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do. Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-05-2022
Expiry Date: 01-06-2022