Kickstart Groom Room Salon Assistant Livingston
Contracted Hours: 25
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: 4, Almondvale Retail Park, Almondvale South, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 6RQ
Do you want to Kickstart your career at the UK’s leading Pet Care Business? Apply for one of our fantastic Kickstart opportunities today!
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10 Great Places to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018. We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet retailer. With us you can have the opportunity to develop into a range of specialisms such as the Groom Room, Vets4Pets and even our Support Offices.
You are at the heart of our Groom Room and will ensure our customers have a great experience that sets us apart and drives customer loyalty for our great brands. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun; and it's our people that make the difference.
What makes our Pets at Home Kickstart placements so special?
During your 6-month Kickstart placement you’ll get best in class employability support with our partners The Prince’s Trust and your own in-store fully trained mentor who will be there to help and support you as you get hands-on with the role. You’ll also get the opportunity to attend a variety of different workshops that will help you grow your career. During your 6-month Kickstart placement you’ll also undertake industry leading training that will give you the skills and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is:
- Passionate about delivering great service you will exceed our customers' expectations by delivering Pawsitively outrageous Service.
- Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis.
- You will assist in ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping. Flexible to work 25 hours per week which will cover some weekend working
- Ready to take on 6 months of industry-leading training covering all the key aspects of the role, handling and caring for Pets, and the people who love them!
- You'll deliver the very highest standard of pet care and as a Salon Assistant you’ll receive on the job training to learn to prep and bathe pets, as well as clipping their nails in preparation for the Dog Groomer/Salon Manager to carry out the required groom.
To apply, please click the link below.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
To be eligible for the Kickstart programme you will also need to be:
- Aged 18-24 yrs. when starting your Kickstart placement
- Unemployed and receiving Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be available to work for 25 hours
- Be able to undertake a 6-month training programme
If you have any questions about the role, please email Earlycareers@petsathome.co.uk
Organisation: The Groom Room
Date Posted: 20-12-2021
Expiry Date: 18-12-2031