Digital UAT Test Analyst
Full-time, £24,000 - £26,000
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Remote working, with travel to the Handforth Support Office
Contract Type: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
About your role
As the Digital Test Analyst, we’ll look to you to ensure that system change implementations are error free with minimal disruption to the wider operation. You’ll take accountability for UAT policies, processes & quality assurance and UAT planning together with test analysis, design, preparation and execution.
You will join us on a 2 Year fixed term contract reporting into the Digital Test Lead and work closely with developers and other areas within the business to ensure everything is ready to test before being released into the live environment. This role will contribute to our end goal of a fully personalised customer experience that integrates pet care across store, multi-channel and vets to deliver seamless service.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Authoring BDD Test Scenarios and implementing using Java to execute against software components and demonstrate that the expected results match the actual results
- Identifying and planning to Automate new features developed within the sprint
- Improving Automation coverage where needed
- Maintaining Automation suite, planning execution against different environments and analysing results
- Taking feedback / suggestions from the System Test team to further enhance
- Providing assistance to the team during the release management process
- Investigating problems/failures in software as a result of testing and providing input to the team
- Working with QA analysts and software developers to find solutions
About your experience
You’ll have proven experience in both Automated and Manual testing of complex software applications, and you’ll have done this within an Agile environment.
A thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes will have been gained from a background of performing this functional testing, recording results in an appropriate, clear and concise format.
Key experience required for this role includes:
- Expertise in using Selenium WebDriver with Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, Appium
- Defect Management
- Experience of using test tracking tools such as Jira / HP ALM (Quality Center)
- Highly skilled in Test preparation, planning and execution
- Knowledge of CI tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Version Control (Git)
- Strong SQL knowledge and API Testing (SOAP/REST)
- Experience using practices such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and BDD
- Strong problem-solving skills
- An understanding of the latest trends
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different role
The successful candidate should ideally be ISTB or ISEB qualified having previously worked in a testing role within eCommerce/retail.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 26-11-2021
Expiry Date: 01-01-2022