Location: Remote working with travel to Swindon Support Office
About the Pets at Home Group:
The Pets at Home Vet Group has undergone significant growth over the course of the last 2 years and now the largest vet group in the UK. This is a hugely exciting time to join the business with continuing growth and opportunities. We are based in state of the art offices, incredibly friendly and supportive with every chance on offer to be recognised for leading and developing your individual area and making a mark in the business. You must share our passion for pets as we are driven by providing the best in both customer service and pet care throughout the Group and our 400+ vet practices over the UK.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Payroll Administrator to join our busy Payroll Team based in our Swindon Support Office. Reporting in to the Team Lead you will be part of a dedicated team who together administer the Vet Group (subsidiary of Pets at Home Group) payroll for approximately 6,000 colleagues and growing, providing an efficient and effective payroll service.
- Processing and administering payroll for 6,000 Veterinary Surgery Colleagues on a four-weekly basis across a number of payrolls.
- Calculating SSP and Company sick pay entitlements
- Calculating SMP/OSPP/SAP entitlements
- Processing AOE and CSA deductions
- Processing P45s and New Starter Checklists
- Streamlining current processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Query management and resolution to deliver first class service to our joint venture partners.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous experience of administering payroll within an office environment is essential. Including knowledge of payroll reconciliations and use of the HMRC Gateway.
- You will have a good understanding of current payroll legislation, including auto-enrolment.
- Previous experience of using SAP payroll solution is highly desirable.
- Excellent computer /PC Skills. The candidate will be required to be computer literate in Word and Excel.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- The successful candidate must be well organised and must work to a high level of accuracy and have keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills. You will need to have strong written and verbal communication skills as you will be liaising with a large number of colleagues from all areas of the business.
- Must possess the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Must be an honest and trustworthy individual who is able to comfortably handle confidential information.
- Thrive in a customer service driven environment.
- Show empathy and understanding for the pet care industry.
- 20% discount at Companion Care/Vets4Pets Surgeries, Pets at Home
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- 4 x life assurance scheme
- Rewards Hub - Voluntary benefits
- Pension scheme
- Birthday leave
- Free parking
- Private Health Care
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance Programme – Retail Trust
- Cycle to work scheme