Full-time, £50,000 - £60,000
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award-winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the role
As the Tax Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Group in meeting all of its tax reporting, filing and payment obligations covering both direct and indirect taxes
You will manage the tax compliance obligations for the Group across both Corporation Tax and VAT as well as continually monitoring and seeking to improve the Group’s tax control environment.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of tax disclosures for inclusion in the Group and subsidiary company statutory accounts
- The preparation and submission of the corporation tax returns for Group companies
- Preparation of UK VAT returns
- Reviewing and looking for improvements in the tax control environment for the Group and maintaining all relevant supporting documentation
- Providing support to the wider business with ad hoc projects and advising on the tax implications of such projects
About your experience
You will be a fully qualified Chartered Account and/or Chartered Tax Advisor with a strong knowledge of Corporate Tax. You’ll have experience of preparing corporation tax returns and tax disclosures for inclusion in financial statements under IFRS.
Having worked in tax for either a professional services firm and/or within industry, you will be credible, influential and confident working with people from all levels of an organisation. You will have a proven track record of developing positive working relationships and influencing stakeholders.
Further key experience/attributes required includes;
- A clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Highly numerate and analytical, able to summarise and assimilate information to understand issues, have solid judgement to support good decision making
- Determined to get to the root cause of issues and make evidence-based recommendations, with a professional curiosity and a drive to get things right
- Great at planning, prioritisation and organising.
- A team player who can operate remotely and on own initiative but also within a wider team
- Recognises the importance of continuous self-development and actively strives to achieve this.
- Previous experience of preparing or reviewing VAT returns would be beneficial, although not essential
- Practical experience of Alphatax software would be beneficial, although not essential
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-10-2021
Expiry Date: 11-10-2031