Dog Groomer - Barnsley
Full-time, £10.01 - £10.01
Salary: £10.01 - £10.01
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 3A, The Peel Centre, Harborough Hill Road, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 1BQ
We have a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We have an opportunity available for a Stylist (qualified Dog Groomer).
We offer various in-house training courses which are designed to provide our Stylists with a broader skillset and keep you up to date with the latest trends, including cat grooming, first aid and breed-specific courses.
Reporting into the Salon Manager, your responsibilities will be as follows;
As Dog Groomer you will be responsible for all aspects of pet grooming and you'll deliver the very highest standard of pet grooming.
- You will exceed our customers' expectations by delivering Pawsitively Outrageous Service within the salon.
- Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis.
- You will assist in ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping.
- As Dog Groomer you will assist with the training and development of other salon colleagues.
- Our salons offer a great service every day of the week and so you will work 39 hours over 5 days out of 7.
- You'll have experience of working within a grooming environment, and ideally, you'll have experience in a similar, fast-paced environment where you've taken a hands-on approach.
- It is essential that you are able to complete a groom from start to finish on the majority of breeds to a high standard (please note that grooming your own pet does not qualify as professional experience).
- Having a grooming related qualification would also be beneficial.
- You'll have a proven track record of delivering high standards!
- You'll be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as being a great team player.
- You'll be hungry to be part of a successful salon and you'll be proactive in your approach.
- Competitive rate of pay -£10.01 per hour for qualified Stylist (Dog Groomer), plus bonus.
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- An extra days holiday when you move home
- Half a day holiday for your little one's first day at school
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount - 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services and Pet Plan Insurance!
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Caring4Colleagues (grants, savings and loans)
- Celebrating Special Occasions? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Team reward vouchers
- "Treats" benefits - an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
- Charity Leave - You are entitled to have one paid days leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: The Groom Room
Date Posted: 05-10-2021
Expiry Date: 03-11-2021