Lead React Developer
Contracted Hours: 40
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Remote working, with travel to the Handforth Support Office
The Lead React Developer will be joining a talented Development team, and will be working on the Greenfield redevelopment of the Pets at Home customer facing digital platforms.
About the role
Take technical ownership of the technologies and provide leadership to the Front-End Development teams. The responsibilities will include:
Technical oversight – ensuring that the solutions developed by all team members are fit for purpose and aligned with the overall strategic technical direction of the Application Development function.
Technical leadership and mentoring – provide technical guidance, support and assistance to the other members of the Application Development team.
Solution Design and Development – Actively participate in a hands on capacity in the design and development of the more complex application solutions.
Technology Roadmapping – Hold a deep understanding of the technology in use in Front-End Development within Pets at Home and the wider Front-End Development community, understand where improvements to best practice and technology in use can be made and recommend suitable changes in practice.
Software Development Lifecycle – plays a key role in helping to define and evolve the agile software development lifecycle and tooling used
About Your Experience
This is a Greenfield opportunity to really make a difference. Working across a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, you are likely to be excited by change, offer experience of working in an agile environment and are constantly seeking improvements.
Experience Will Include
- Deep understanding of React Software Development and the ecosystem and technologies in use (CSS, HTML, Typescript).
- Knowledge of Software / Process / Project lifecycles with an understanding of Agile working practices
- In depth knowledge of frameworks, patterns and practices used to develop software for web based front-ends.
- Experience of providing leadership and mentoring to a small technical team or significant experience as a senior member of a team.
- Customer-oriented approach and outcome focused
- Proven experience of engaging with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience of TDD, CI and CD.
- Experience of developing using multiple major front end frameworks (React.js, Angular, vue.js etc)
- Experience of complex css and frameworks for styling front-ends.
- Experience of introducing technology into a department or organisation
- Experience of working with 3rd party organisations and stakeholders
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
About our purpose
There are all kinds of personal and professional benefits to being part of our Development team, but it’s also worth remembering that everything we do has a sense of purpose. We’re not just here to sell food or treats, we want to help pets and their owners live happier, healthier lives together. When you make a project a success, there’s a pet and their owner at the other end who are benefitting from your efforts.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 28-09-2021
Expiry Date: 16-11-2021