Full-time, £22,000 - £28,000
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the role
The Procurement Analyst will play a key role in delivering value from Goods and Services Not for Resale (GSNFR) spend, providing quantitative and qualitative analysis of, and insight to, PAH business, suppliers and supply markets to support the development of all procurement plans. The role is accountable for the management of accurate spend and usage data and identifying opportunities to improve Group data.
Key responsibilities (will include but not limited to:
- Own continuous improvement of the quality of procurement information through ensuring accurate and up to date capture of GSNFR contract data
- Manage the procurement project pipeline providing, accurate and timely project and benefits reporting within Procurement and to other colleagues
- Manage the framework for third party contractors and consultants, ensuring compliance with IR35 obligations related to suppliers
- Work with Procurement, Legal and other colleagues to continuously improve the quality of supplier data
- Working closely with the Category Leaders, maintain up to date market and supplier information on key categories
- Provide targeted and relevant analysis to support procurement decision-making proficiently, applying tools including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Actively promote and educate colleagues regarding PAH procurement policies, processes, tools and templates
- Actively suggest improvements to PAH policies, processes, tools and templates and work with the Head of Procurement to implement improvements
- Enable business owners in understand their role and accountabilities in managing suppliers, through supporting the development of communication materials and other updates
- Provide timely updates and reporting on supplier Group Risk including identification, management and escalation as needed
About your experience
This role would suit a Procurement Analyst with a proven track record of supporting Procurement teams within a complex and sizeable organisation. With excellent analytical abilities, you will offer strong skills within Excel, and wider commercial and operational insight. You must also have experience in supporting the timely delivery of procurement projects through applying project management skills to scope, manage, track and report projects.
The individual must be able to build strong relationships in order to support strategic and operational decision making. You should be comfortable with operating and delivering outside of areas of no direct line accountability by influencing priorities.
Strong commercial acumen is critical, as is the deep experience in driving the use of data and analysis to support evidence based procurement decision making. You should also be able to recognise and support the management of supplier and industry risks that impact the PAH Group.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 11-10-2021
Expiry Date: 23-10-2021