Procurement Category Manager - Marketing & Professional Services
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the role
The Category Manager will play a key role in delivering value from Goods and Services Not for Resale (GSNFR) spend, leading procurement activities in Marketing & Professional Services (particularly Huamn Resources) that are complex and critical to the success of the Pets at Home Group.
Building trusted relationships with the executive teams and leading team involvement in all stages of the procurement process, this role will work in partnership with colleague budget holders and Finance colleagues to develop annual procurement plans that deliver savings targets and operational improvement targets, providing input to the budgeting process.
Key responsibilities (will include but not limited to):
- Identify commercially sensible, and build support for, opportunities for PAH to aggregate GSNFR volumes and scope to deliver value as part of annual planning process
- Lead business critical cross - business initiatives, including across both the Retail and Vets Group, to establish working together as a way of working for Procurement at PAH
- Create and execute procurement plans that support business area goals, are commercially strong and demonstrate insight based on strong analysis of PAH needs and supplier markets
- Actively promote Procurement solutions and recommendations that show an insightful application of current and future supply market opportunities; and a strong understanding of PAH business needs and objectives
- Apply all, and support improvements to procurement policies, processes, tools and templates
- Actively support and guide business owners in understanding their role and accountabilities in managing suppliers
- Lead end to end Procurement in category area, drawing on a broad range of sourcing approaches and applying the most appropriate to optimise commercial value e.g. direct negotiation, RFI, RFQ , the development of and lead critical supplier negotiations and relationship management activities
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) activities to ensure value generated through SRM is quantified and delivered. Build performance focussed relationships with supplier peers to improve commercial and operational outcomes, benefit from innovation and facilitate connections between PAH leaders and relevant supplier peers
- Ensure appropriate specialist skills are identified to support specific initiatives including identifying suitable contracting/short term support as required
About your experience
This role would suit a Category Manager with a proven track record in managing Marketing and/or Human Resources spend, within a complex and sizeable organisation. You will possess a depth and breadth of experience within FM Category Management and Strategic Sourcing, with experience of Contract Management and excellent negotiation skills.
The individual will possess highly developed relationship management and business partnering skills, with a proven ability to establish trusted relationship and influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. You will offer experience of leading cross-functional project teams in a matrix type structure, managing relationships to ensure successful delivery.
Deep commercial experience and expertise within Governance Risk and Control are essential, coupled with excellent planning and organisational abilities. Team leadership experience is desirable, with specific experience of the retail sector advantageous.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 22-10-2021
Expiry Date: 30-10-2021