Transport Coordinator - SDC
Full-time, £27,000 - £27,000 per year
Salary: £27,000 - £27,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Swan Valley Way, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN4 9BD
Southern Distribution Centre Northampton(SDC)
Reporting to Transport Manager – SDC, Northampton
Direct Reports on covering desk: Up to 60 Drivers and 25 Airlock Reps who assist drivers with some deliveries
Direct Team: None
Key Relationships: Transport General Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Transport First Line Managers, General Manager, Warehouse First Line Managers, Operations Manager, Warehouse Operators, Stock Control First Line Manager, On-Site People Team
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off, rotating days and nights
Salary: £27,000.00 per annum, plus night shift allowance
- Reporting to the Transport Operations Manager – responsible during shift for all operational and site aspects of Transport for the Southern DC and it’s off site partners.
- Maintain a proactive approach to risk management and adherence to site health & safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure the operation on shift consistently meets the requirements of the business, in terms of quality, productivity, daily and weekly operations reporting and key performance indicators (KPI) management.
- Create and sustain effective working relationships within Transport, to build a climate where colleagues feel valued and engaged.
- Manage the delivery of the Transport KPI’s through effective use and interpretation of reports.
- Ensure that all site and company legislative processes and procedures are adhered to at all times during shift.
- Responsible for developing a collaborative relationship with internal teams & suppliers to ensure that communication within the operation is consistent.
- Conduct driver de-briefs
- Cover the driver and airlock window, dealing with queries in a prompt and professional manner, escalating to the Transport Manager as and when required.
- Ensuring the daily equipment checks have been completed to the site standards.
- Plan and manage the day to day requirements of their designated area to meet demands, utilising the colleagues available in the areas that suit for that days requirements.
- Monitor and report all absence from work in line with the company absence procedure ensuring all Return to Work Interviews are completed.
- To report all accidents and incidents and complete necessary reports ready for presentation to team and Transport Manager
- Be pro-active in the planning of the working hours and patterns including precise and accurate handover shift by shift.
- Assist in investigations for both Health & Safety and Disciplinary purposes prior to referring to FLM’s and/or Transport Manager for further action.
- Liaise with warehouse department daily to assist in the best way to consolidate loads without jeopardising the service to stores.
- To promote a safe working environment for all colleagues and that all the colleagues are briefed on statutory regulations as well as company regulations
- Manage any extra shifts and nights out that are required taking into account the budget figures that have been set within individual areas to meet the business and costs demand.
- Build a positive, proactive relationship with the Warehouse management team.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times
- Produce accurate KPI’s on a daily basis for the Transport Manager ensuring all information is reliable and precise.
- Ensuring that the general standard of housekeeping is to agreed standards.
- Assist in ensuring all drivers are fully trained to carry out their contractual duties and tasks effectively.
- Maintain effective and constructive colleague relations.
- Will act upon and follow up any other reasonable requests as identified by senior management.
- Has a positive attitude. Has the ability to listen and be approachable and promotes this through colleague engagement.
- Be willing to receive training and carry out duties in all areas of the operation.
- To behave respectfully with consideration for all colleagues.
- Knowledge and experience of materials handling equipment, together with relevant transport management systems and an appreciation of warehouse management systems.
- Knowledge and experience of managing service level agreements (SLA’s) and KPI’s.
- Knowledge and experience of resource planning and performance management.
- Actively promotes effective two way communication with all members of the Transport and Warehouse teams.
- Have an appreciation of budgets and can demonstrate proactive cost control management.
- Will support and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Energy and tenacity to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience of tachograph, driving hours and the working time directive (WTD)
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 10-09-2021
Expiry Date: 25-09-2021