Senior Pricing & Promotions Analyst
Full-time, £30,000 - £36,000 per year
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Pricing & Promotions Senior Analyst to join our Pricing and Promotions team on fixed term 12 month contract at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire.
This is an exciting role which will partner with the business to ensure that we make the right decisions, offering our customers great prices and promotions in a commercially sustainable way. We are looking for someone to join the team who will be passionate about ensuring that prices are benchmarked appropriately to keep them competitive and has a love for analytics!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Sharing updates with the business around our index position including providing updates to the Exec, leading monthly meetings with Heads of Trading and their teams and raising awareness in weekly sales meetings
- Providing recommendations to the Buying teams regarding areas of focus for price reset
- Supporting in identifying areas where increased market matching is required and delivering useful market insight to the wider Trading teams
- Maintain the relationship with our third-party provider account manager to ensure we are utilising the benchmarking tool as effectively as possible
- Providing insight around the performance of our promotions including updates on our seasonal feature space events in the weekly sales meeting
- Utilise insight and analysis to work with the Commercial & Trade Planner in developing an optimised calendar of value activity
- Line management of Pricing and Promotions Assistant, including effective use of coaching and delegation to support their development
- Support with the management of the team’s workload and prioritisation, challenge back to the business to ensure the team’s focus is on activities which add the most value
- Optimise our reporting to provide the business with more timely and concise insight
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from senior management including finding opportunities to offset risks in the business plan
The ideal candidate will possess good influencing skills, with the ability to challenge more senior stakeholders. Strong PC skills are a must, as is being competent in using Microsoft Packages – with particularly strong Excel skills to have the ability to build models and draw insight/recommendations from analysis. You must be well organised and have the ability to prioritise your own workload and you will have good interpersonal skills with the ability to present with confidence. Previous analytical experience in a large company, in a research/price benchmarking role ideally within an FMCG or retail environment is desirable but not essential. If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 15-09-2021
Expiry Date: 16-11-2021