Assistant Store Manager - Dumfries
Full-time, £20,000 - £21,000 per year
Salary: £20,000 - £21,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: 3, The Peel Centre, Lockerbie Road, Dumfries, Dumfriesshire, DG1 3PF
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 430 stores and over 280 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer.
Reporting into the Store Manager you will be a key member of the store management team where you will be responsible for maximising sales and the performance of your store through building a highly engaged and high performing team.
• Leading from the front with a hands-on approach you will inspire your team, inject fun into the work place and create a truly amazing place to work and shop.
• Ensuring that your store delivers an exceptional standard of customer service to our customers through the vast amount of pet knowledge and expertise that you and your team can offer.
• You will deliver the highest standards of pet care and ensure that the welfare of pets is a top priority, promoting responsible pet ownership.
• Taking a key role in motivating, training and developing your team.
• Playing a fundamental part of running a store which has exceptional standards and contributing towards achieving and exceeding key store targets.
• Ensuring that you communicate effectively to your team, providing them with daily team updates and informing them of any company, operational and product changes.
• You will be a Duty Manager and take full responsibility for the store in the absence of the Deputy or Store Manager.
• Being involved in absolutely everything in your store, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards.
• You’ll have a passion for retail and a passion for pets!
• You’ll have at least 6 months supervisory/management experience, gained either within a store based retail role or in a restaurant environment. Ideally, you’ll have experience in a similar, fast-paced environment where you’ve taken a hands-on approach.
• You’ll have a proven track record of delivering high standards!
• You’ll be a people person and a real team player and this combined with your excellent communication skills enables you to really engage and inspire a team.
• You’ll be hungry to be part of a successful store and you’ll be proactive in your approach.
• Competitive salary up to £21,000.00 plus bonus.
• 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Birthday Leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
• An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
• An extra days holiday when you move home
• Half a day holiday for your little one’s first day at school
• Pension Scheme
• Colleague Discount – 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services and Pet Plan Insurance!
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
• Caring4Colleagues (grants, savings and loans)
• Celebrating Special Occasions? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
• Team reward vouchers
• Our Reward hub – an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
• Charity Leave – You are entitled to have one paid days leave each year to work for your favourite animal-related charity.
• Values Awards
• Colleague of the Month Awards
• Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 01-09-2021
Expiry Date: 30-09-2021