Trainee Grooming Equipment Maintenance Assistant Kickstart Placement
Contracted Hours: 25
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Want to get hands on and Kickstart your career with a great training opportunity? We're looking for someone with a passion for learning and great attention to detal to join us as a Trainee Grooming Equipment Maintenance Assistant on a Kickstart Placement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10 Great Places to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018. We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet retailer. With us you can have the opportunity to develop into a range of specialisms such as the Groom Room, Vets4Pets and even our Support Offices.
About the role
- Basic equipment repairs / Maintenance (full training will be given)
- Maintain data of parts, consumables used in repairs to accurate maintain stock levels. Raise any order requirements and participate in stock take activity.
- Maintain data of items reviewed/sharpened/repaired for reference for customer; to ensure that appropriate work is undertaken; and that all kit meets an acceptable working standard, replacing parts as appropriate and providing guidance on aftercare.
- Plan collections and deliveries to and from salons, using either our Green Fleet main transport service or couriers, based on geographical position.
- Work with our Salon teams to ensure that communication and feedback remains open and honest at all times
- Understand basic Health and Safety and electrical hazards for items being repaired for salon teams
Who are we looking for?
- A great team player who loves to solve problems
- good IT skills and comfrotable using Excel
- a keeness to learn new manual skills
What makes our Pets at Home Kickstart placements so special?
During your 6-month Kickstart placement you’ll get best in class employability support with our partners The Prince’s Trust and your own in-store fully trained mentor who will be there to help and support you as you get hands-on with the role. You’ll also get the opportunity to attend a variety of different workshops that will help you grow your career. During your 6 month Kickstart placement you’ll also undertake industry leading training that will give you the skills and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
As this is a Kickstart role please speak to your Job Centre Plus Job Coach to be referred for the role prior to applying as we can only accept applications for colleagues who are elgible for the Kickstart Scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
To be eligible for the Kickstart programme you will also need to be:
- Aged 16-24 yrs when starting your Kickstart placement
- Unemployed and receiving Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be available to work for 25+ hours
- Be able to undertake a 6-month training programme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 19-08-2021
Expiry Date: 17-08-2031