Service Transition Manager
Full-time, £55,000 - £65,000 per year
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 37.5
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Remote Working with required travel to Handforth Support Office
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
About This Role
We are embarking on initiatives to enhance technical capability that will revolutionise our pet care customer experience so currently have a vacancy for Service Transition Lead operating within the Group IT Service Delivery function who will ensure the successful integration of service systems and initiatives into our support portfolio.
Aligned to Pets at Home’s Change Delivery Lifecycle, the Service Transition Lead will facilitate all aspects of service change deriving from programmes and projects, from the stage where a project is owned fully by a project team, working closely with Business representatives, Projects teams, Service Owners, and Service Delivery support teams through transition and build of the service, before successfully landing into Service Delivery.
The Service Transition Leads our key stakeholders in the management of business and technical change, having responsibility to represent the perspectives of operational service delivery by ensuring service quality and readiness assurance in the Delivery of the ‘to-be’ Services, that ensure we have capability to successfully support new services internally or through partners to support our Business’s strategic growth.
- Partner with the new service programme stakeholders across IT and Business teams to ensure delivery of service governance, design and support model documentation, and the build of those services is aligned with Pets at Home ITSM policy & ITIL standards for successful ‘live’ operation and support of a new service in BAU.
- Validate, define & articulate the benefits case for service NFRs, providing service lens overseeing the commercial and operational build readiness of support functions and colleagues achieving those NFR in service.
- To develop the overall Service Design; document the service management processes and procedures currently in place and review with business owners stakeholders; Review current SLA's to ensure alignment with best practice & business requirements. Where no SLA's are present help to develop and implement new or accept risk (where applicable)
- Ensure documentation and process are reviewed/agreed and signed off by the business and service management team.
- Review 3rd Party SLA to ensure high availability, robust SLA's/service management processes and controls align with ITIL best practice, ensure high availability/recovery time agreed with business owners and appropriate commercial cover is implemented.
- To provide service governance oversee the readiness of new services for BAU operation to effectively support our colleague technical resources are available and resources have been correctly provisioned in line with release timescales.
- Manage the early life support warranty of new in-life services through to handover into BAU support; provide advice and guidance and support to teams, and support error investigation and recovery.
- Apply Service Transition principles and mentor staff across IT to continually improve the Service Transition capability.
About your experience
- Project Delivery experience in a retail environment
- Experience of Retail Distribution Centre Software/Support
- Technical background to understand the different architectures of the core systems, and to understand the impact of new technologies; experience of enterprise level applications will be an advantage,
- Minimum of two years’ experience as IT Service Manager or Transition Lead/Manager within a complex and diverse organisation
- Educated to Degree level in an IT or Business discipline
- ITIL4 foundation certificate
- ITIL Service Lifecycle Transition certificate
- Confident use of the productivity tools, Microsoft Office, email and familiarly of modern IT Service Management tooling; such as Service Now, Ivanti Heat
About Our Purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 14-09-2021
Expiry Date: 30-10-2021