Graduate: Project Analytic Support
Full-time, £19,000 - £19,000 per year
Salary: £19,000 - £19,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home Group we're looking for the best Graduate Talent to come and support one of our key transformation projects. If you are passionate, proactive, analytical and keen to be a real project ambassador then this could be the role for you.
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
About the role
This role will provide you with an interesting and supported introduction to Retail Projects. As Project Analytical Support, you will assist in areas of project management, data collection, research, and analysis, utilising your expertise and gaining valuable skills. This role is suitable for an ambitious and career driven individual who wants to use their skills to support and enable the delivery of major supply chain transformation project.
Key responsibilities (will include, but not limited to):
- Monitoring and reporting – extract and analyse data as well as distil into actionable insights using an array of business intelligence and data manipulation tools.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation – Use data to support recommendations for changes and improvements to stakeholders for the D&F project
- Project Guidance – Perform analytical tasks to ensure the project is supporting its goals and objectives and share the findings with the business lead
- Stakeholder Inputs- Engage with stakeholders at all levels within the shareholders and suppliers to ensure timely provision of accurate information or data
- Project Ambassador- Ensure all stakeholders are updated on decisions and progress to act as an ambassador for the project
- Risk Management – Identify potential issues and integrate solutions, make recommendations and flag to the relevant stakeholders
- General Admin Support – Support in ad hoc tasks and ensure they are carried out efficiently and effectively
About your experience
- Strong analytical, numeracy & data skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills are a must (e.g. Pivot tables, PowerQuery)
- Ability to work with, manipulate and analyse data. Knowledge of SQL is desired
- Working knowledge of popular programming languages (e.g. Python, R) as well as business intelligence / visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau) will be advantageous
- Organised, Proactive and Committed
- Good time management
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
About Our Purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 11-08-2021
Expiry Date: 09-08-2031