First Line Manager - Days - Stoke, NDC
Full-time, £30,000 - £30,000
Salary: £30,000 - £30,000
Contracted Hours: 37.5
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
First Line Manager
NDC – Stoke-on-Trent Distribution Centre
Permanent, Full time opportunity
Shift working, 5 in 7 days and alternate weekends - 06:00-14:00 / 14:00-22:00 working
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are currently looking for a Leader to prioritise people, believe and live the values and leadership behaviours and are passionate about getting better every day! It is beneficial if you have experience at an First Line Manager level or similar within Distribution Centre Management and a background in a high volume retail logistics (in-house or 3PL), although training will be given to the right person.
- Responsible for the delivery of all operational & daily aspects for your area including resourcing to meet demand, health & safety, ensuring your team consistently achieves the requirements of the business in terms of quality, productivity and KPI’s showing personal flexibility around hours and shifts
- Lead your team in a common and consistent direction to achieve the business vision in making Pets at home the best pet care business in the world
- Build great relationships with your peers and other functions and provide a consistent environment for your team within Pets at Home
- Drive colleague engagement, using your own initiative to create fun with your team, living the company values, ensuring the delivery of your team’s CARE survey action plan to achieve great engagement scores
- Responsible for the delivery of Continuous Improvement Initiatives within your area ensuring opportunities are explored and great ideas are implemented well
- Report daily on team performance and progress (attendance, colleague relations etc.) and KPI’s
- Be a key contributor to the planning of and attendance at site events and forums (incl. Health & Safety, Continuous Improvement etc.)
- Exceptional people management, communication and leadership skills - open to new ideas and able to adapt leadership style to situations
- Makes work fun, displaying a positive attitude and puts values into practice especially when under pressure
- Inspires others through your own energy and outlook, encourage your team to put pets, customers and colleagues at the heart of everything they do
- Passionate about achieving your objectives, supporting continuous improvement and results driven
- Grows talent within your team where colleagues can flourish and fulfil their potential, developing strengths and development needs, coaching for performance
- Leads with integrity, has open and honest conversations that are respectful, invite, listen and act on feedback from others
- Action orientated with the energy and tenacity to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of manual handling equipment and Warehouse Management Systems is advantageous
- Previous Management experience or Management qualification or equivalent
- Salary Band E
- 28 days annual holiday (including Bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years continuous service
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 21-09-2021
Expiry Date: 19-09-2031