Product Technologist (Non-Food)
Full-time, £25,000 - £35,000 per year
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home Group we’re constantly adapting to transform pet care. Join us and work in a large scale programme that will help shape, build and deliver our next-generation holistic pet care service. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
About the role
As the Product Technologist for Non Food, you will be responsible for ensuring that our product development process and procedures are legally compliant, and that we manage product quality and interface with both internal and external customers to a high standard, driving a proactive approach across the business.
As part of the quality team, you will have responsibility for working closely with the Buyer throughout the product development process to launch. This will include ensuring that the correct procedures are in place to ensure product matches brief and that quality standards are both set, measured and maintained by the supply base identified.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the necessary paperwork throughout all stages of New Product Development (NPD) are in place to deliver and measure against targets.
About your experience
You will have a good working knowledge of supplier capabilities, developed through regular visits and interactions. This will enable you to understand their processes and continually stretch the boundaries of the possible.
Key experience/attributes required for this role include:
- Experience of working within an audit, compliance or product technologist role (preferably from a related industry within FMCG)
- A Degree within a related field (fashion, textiles)
- Audit Capability within the external supplier base to drive ongoing continuous improvement in process and product quality
- Knowledge of end to end manufacturing from raw materials , through product, packaging, storage and distribution
- Knowledge of supplier processes, and equipment capabilities
- Knowledge of product safety management systems that are used to drive compliance (HACCP, CCP’s, Metal Detection etc)
- Experience of spreadsheet trackers and project management tools
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to work cross-departments to achieve results
- Team player
- Communicate clear decisions, next steps and accountability
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Good presentation skills
- Detail oriented, with the ability to pre-empt barriers to progress
- Able to work on own initiative to make decisions on product and suppliers independently
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 15-09-2021
Expiry Date: 25-09-2021