.Net Developer (C#, .Net Core, Azure)
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
.NET Developer- C# / .NET Core / Azure
About the role
The .Net Developer will be joining a talented Integration and Services development team to deliver service implementations within the Pets at Homes services layer. This role will work across our stakeholder community, interacting with a variety of business areas and across product management to define and enhance the products under development.
Responsible for the design and development of service solutions, the role will actively participate on all aspects of the agile software development lifecycle, including Agile Backlog Refinement and estimation (e.g. Planning Poker, Three Amigos), sprint planning, sprint showcases and demos.
- Design and develop services and API solutions to a wide range of business problems
- Where appropriate produce re-usable components and services which can be used to develop further applications more efficiently
- Produce and maintain appropriate levels of documentation for the software being built
- Develop and maintain appropriate unit and integration testing suites using techniques such as TDD during the development lifecycle
- Work with the product ownership team to help define and prioritise features for the product backlog
- Interact with 3rd party development teams to help deliver software components where appropriate
- Interacts with Pets at Home and 3rd party stakeholders to ensure efficient delivery of software components
This a real opportunity to build upon your C# .Net / .Net Core experience, and will provide you with exposure to working with Cosmos DB.
About your experience
This is a greenfield opportunity to really make a difference. Working across a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders, you are likely to be excited by change, offer experience of working in an agile environment and are constantly seeking improvements.
Experience will include:
- C#.NET (C#.NET Core as a development language of choice)
- An understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Web API
- Experience of TDD, CI and CD.
- Experience of service bus implementations, such as Biztalk and IIB
You will be given the opportunity to build upon your knowledge of frameworks, patterns and practices used to develop software and offer an understanding of cloud computing (ideally Azure).
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 28-07-2021
Expiry Date: 26-07-2031