2nd Line Support - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Full-time, £23,000 - £25,000
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
2nd Line Support
Location: Handforth based & travel to stores when needed
Contract: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £23,000-£25,000 depending on experience
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do. Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for 2nd Line Support to join us on a 6 Month fixed term contract, as we role out new hardware (Zebra TC52X) to our Retail Estate. This is a really exciting time for the business as we role out our One Device system. The main purpose of your role will be to liaise directly with Store Managers, and Engineers to ensure the role out of the new devices go as smoothly as possible.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to
- Manage small software\hardware deployments across the PAH group
- Work closely with the Service Design & Transition co-ordinator to ensure operational activities and responsibilities are factored into any new or changed services
- Monitor services and service levels
- Work closely with the Service Management team to identify and resolve the root cause of underlying problems affecting live services
- Protect the performance and growth of live Service for key applications / infrastructure
- Provide speedy resolution of operational issues
- Utilising appropriate tools, help monitoring and manage the live environment and ensure appropriate action is taken to any alerts raised
This is an exciting opportunity for you to develop your IT career by joining a fast-paced business that is constantly changing. This role does require you to be PC literate in Microsoft Office applications, Windows & Active Directory. Previous experience in providing IT Support in an ITIL driven service desk environment is desirable, but not essential, and full training will be provided. It would also be desirable of you have experience with; ITSM Tools/ Ivanti/Mobile Device Management/FTP/SQL & Meraki, again this is not essential.
So, if you have an aptitude for learning new skills, really enjoy working as part of a team, and speaking to others daily, then this could be the role you’ve been looking for. Press the Apply Now button below, and in a few short steps your application would have been sent.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 06-12-2021
Expiry Date: 25-12-2021