Product Owner - Digital Business Processes
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
- Joining our team means you’ll play a crucial role in advancing our digital capabilities and building a brand-new customer experience. We want to excel in digital, and, as we’re working at scale, we’re backing our teams with considerable investment.
- We’re also putting pets and their owners at the heart of our digital transformation. As we bring our stores, vets and groom rooms together into a holistic ecosystem of pet care, we’ll give customers a seamless, multi-channel experience that meets their individual needs at every stage.
About the role
As the Product Owner for Digital Business Processes, reporting to the Head of Digital Business Process, you’ll be accountable for leading the set up and implementation of best practice of new colleague processes for Product, Image and Content.
As part of our digital transformation, we are implementing new digital solutions for Product Information Management (PIM), Digital Asset Management (DAM) and Content Management Systems (CMS). In this role, you’ll define and implement the new colleague business processes, support the development and then own the vision and roadmap, delivering an enterprise capability for the Group in incremental releases to create a best-in-class digital pet care experience for customers enabled by our colleagues.
We’re looking for candidates who can hit the ground running and make a big impact straight away. Working in an Agile Product Owner environment, you’ll establish the objectives, define the user stories and prioritise the backlog, planning at a strategic level whilst being able to demonstrate delivery against the plan.
Once the complex implementation has been deployed, the role is responsible for the transition to run and ensuring they are fully integrated into ‘business as usual’
About your experience
Key experience required includes:
- Working in an Agile Product Owner environment; setting objectives, defining requirements and user stories, backlog management and prioritisation
- Using product, image and content tools and associated data models and attribution.
- Expert in developing new processes and workflows.
- Strong colleague and customer focus with a proven track record of identifying, implementing, and delivering change across complicated organisation structures.
- Building relationships with stakeholders, providing sufficient gravitas to make the big decisions when needed. This requires clear communication and strong negotiation skills with an ability to translate business (both Colleague and Customer) needs into technical speak and vice versa.
To perform this role you will be:
- A champion and internal expert with regards to digital processes
- Able to work collaboratively with the wider business such as the Product Owner team, Development partners, IT, Design and UX, Operations, Trading and Marketing to ensure their vision and roadmap delivers the best possible outcome for the business.
- Open, collaborative and able to act as a conduit for others’ ideas as well as their own
- Able to work across different internal functions and external providers. A relationship builder who can use their interpersonal skills to build trust and develop rapport with their counterparts
- Showing the motivation, desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, rapid environment
- Results driven and action orientated.
About our purpose
There are all kinds of personal and professional benefits to being part of our Business Process team, but it’s also worth remembering that everything we do has a sense of purpose. We’re not just here to sell food or treats, we want to help pets and their owners live happier, healthier lives together. When you make a project a success, there’s a pet and their owner at the other end who are benefitting from your efforts.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-07-2021
Expiry Date: 07-09-2021