Data Science Support (Degree Apprenticeship)
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Apprenticeships
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
This data scientist role aims to assist and support the business lead of a Supply Chain transformation project at Pets at Home. The role will be analytical and suited to someone who has a real interest in this field.
This role will provide you with an interesting and supported introduction to Retail Projects. As a Data Scientist, you will assist in areas of analytics and data, utilising your analytical expertise. This role would suit an ambitious and career driven individual who is keen to develop their analytics and data skills within a project environment.
An Immersive Degree Apprenticeship
We’ve partnered with leading Tech Educator Cambridge Spark who are leaders in transformational data science and AI training and Cambridge Anglia Ruskin University who will support you to work towards a (BSc) in Data Science. Your degree will be fully funded by Pets at Home Group and this cutting-edge course is taught as a blend of immersive teaching, online study and a hackathon-style bootcamp which simulates real-world environments. You can find out more about what’s covered in the course via this link:
As well as receiving support from your apprenticeship learning partners you’ll also get access to the interactive on-demand technology learning platform and the O’Reilly Safari books online giving you access to a digital library that delivers expert content in both book and video form from the world’s leading authors in technology and business.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation -assess the company or client data, analyse and interpret this data, and prepare reports based on your analysis
- Database Maintenance- may work to maintain databases or data repositories
- Data Mining & Cleansing- Provide support in data mining and cleansing, helping to improve data quality and data inputs for the project
- Understanding Requirements- support in understanding functional and non functional (technical) requirements for the Demand and Fulfilment workstream
- Monitoring and reporting - participate in the creation of reports, potentially leveraging software such as Tableau, SAP and Microsoft Excel
- Stakeholder Inputs- Engage with stakeholders at all levels within the shareholders and suppliers to ensure timely provision of accurate information or data
- Project Ambassador- Ensure all stakeholders are updated on decisions and progress to act as an ambassador for the project.
- Organised, Proactive and Committed
- Strong analytical skills and background
- Experience using Python or SQL desirable
- Ability to work with and analyse data
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Good time management
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Interest to learn about transformation projects/supply chain/retail
What You Need to Succeed:
- Comfortable with Excel and Stats
- Genuinely excited by data
- Enjoy working with numbers
- Interest in coding and some ‘bedroom’ coding experience
- Passionate about problem solving
- Able to learn at speed and pace
To be eligible for the Degree Apprenticeship you will also need
- 96 UCAS tariff points
- 3 A levels at a minimum grade of CCC with at least one STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subject. Maths desirable
- In addition applicants will need to have 5 GCSEs* at grades C / 4 or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- If English is not a first language, you'll be expected to demonstrate a certificated list of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.0 or above
- If you don’t meet the above requirements your application will be considered on a case by case basis and may require an interview with our University partner
Where will you be based?
Remote working with one day a week workign in our Handforth Support Office. As this is an apprenticeship levy funded programme successful candidates have to spend at least 50% of their working hours in England.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-07-2021
Expiry Date: 14-07-2031