Facilities Technician - NDC - Stoke
Full-time, £30,000 - £30,000 per year
Salary: £30,000 - £30,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 37.5
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Role: Facilities Site Services Technician
Reporting To: Facilities Manager
Location: NDC & Campbell Road, Stoke on Trent
Band/Level: Grade E
The Site Services Technician will be a multi-skilled individual who will undertake the maintenance and repair tasks to the interior and exterior of the DC’s. Responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of Pets at Home. They ensure that Pets at Home have the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities. Duties focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs whole increasing productivity, whilst working within operational and legislative compliance frameworks.
Responsible for managing incoming and outgoing contractors.
Issuing permit to works, site inductions, RAMS.
Attend site to service breakdowns for first fix assessment & repairs and liaise with relevant contractors as required.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The Site Services Technician will have high level of competency in all operational skills in order to be knowledgeable in all aspects of the operation to an expert level.
- Deputising for the Facilities Manager, managing budgets, managing contractors & attending monthly contractor review meetings
- Producing Monthly KPI reports & performing audit checks as per the schedule
- Proactively manage the preventative maintenance schedule and ensure legal compliance is met at all times
- Preparing tender documents for contractors
- Project management, supervising and coordinating work of contractors.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives and managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Directing and planning essential central services, such as security, maintenance, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Ensuring the building meets health & safety requirements
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Prepare and present statistical and financial reports as necessary
- Review costs and performance in all engineering and facilities related areas including contractor performance
- Ensure that the company’s obligations to all engineering related legal, statutory, risk, social and environmental issues are maintained and achieved, using the most effective and commercially viable means
- Protect site operations as far as possible by ensuring adequate maintenance procedures, support and contingency plans are in place to minimise the risk/effects of failure, of critical services, plant or equipment.
- Prepare and review site engineering and facilities budgets with General Manager to ensure they are realistic and achievable while also being challenging and demanding
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved
- Ability to work professionally with other stakeholders and external agencies
- Knowledge and experience performance management.
- Ability to work within tight financial constraints
- Managed budgets and can demonstrate proactive cost control management.
- Will support and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Exceptional people management skills.
- Energy and tenacity to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Focus and detail on cost control
- Organised with good time management
- Excellent communicator
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Results orientated
- Team player within the wider business
- Excellent performance management.
- Experience of tendering and setting up contracts
- Knowledge of health & safety requirements
- Planning skills.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Management, cost control and business case development.
- Capable and committed to developing the team spirit.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
Desirable but not essential;
Conveyor System experience
Relevant Engineering Qualifications (Electrical Mechanical Engineering – Health & Safety (IOSH/NEBOSH))
A valid UK driving license
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-07-2021
Expiry Date: 11-07-2031