Full-time, £45,000 - £55,000 per year
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
About the role
As an Infrastructure Engineer you’ll work within the Group Infrastructure team and focus on project delivery, internal infrastructure monitoring and dashboards.
The role can be worked remotely with occassional travel required to our sites in Handforth (Cheshire) and Manchester.
You’ll take ownership of the monitoring of infrastructure related services across the Pets at Home Group and act as point of contact for any issues, incidents or problems. There’ll be a focus on stability as you understand the broad nature of the infrastructure in place and ensure all issues and incidents are managed, including the wider Group IT Team where necessary.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Managing 3rd party relationships to ensure suppliers are meeting and exceeding their SLAs in relation to provision of the service
- Completing regular internal system audits
- Understanding capacity and run costs associated with the environments
- Working with the Implementation teams
- Recognising areas for improvements and planning to deliver
- Engaging and building relationships with external 3rd party support partners as needed for system maintenance/support/troubleshooting
- Working collaboratively with other teams across the Group IT function
About your experience
You’ll be an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who has a track record of both the ownership and delivery of a monitoring solution. Ideally you’ll have an extensive background of working with Azure AD.
Third line support experience is essential and you’ll have previously migrated to Office 365 as well as operating as a support for this.
Other key experience includes;
- Windows server 2008 to 2019 expertise
- Experience of creating documentation, including high level diagrams
- Quest Active roles (Desirable)
- Networking experience, including VLANs (Cisco/Allied Telesis)
- Business continuity planning
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services.
Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 19-07-2021
Expiry Date: 07-08-2021