Product and Innovation Manager *12 Month FTC*
Full-time, £35,000 - £40,000 per year
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home Group we’re developing technology to transform pet care. Join us and work on amazing change focussed projects that will help shape, build and deliver our next-generation holistic pet care service. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
About the role
As the Product & Innovation Manager you will work as part of the Technical and Product Process team and will be responsible for interpreting key directional trends for our own brand proposition, and translating this into product through effective supplier collaboration and clear directional criteria.
The role can be worked predominantly remotley with travel required to our Suport Office in Handforth, Cheshire (one per fortnight) and occassional travel to visit suppliers.
At the core of effective product development, you will ensure that you are clear on range proposition, and key creative elements that need to be incorporated; as well as ensuring that development helps to make the customer purchase decision criteria as simple as possible, leading to optimized ease of shop within our stores and online.
As part of this role you will:
- Work alongside the customer facing team to identify key trends and opportunities for New Product Development (NPD) activity across the categories for which you are responsible.
- Work within Pets at Home Commercial Product Assurance (CPA) timelines to ensure that suppliers deliver NPD in the framework identified.
- Ensure that the requirements of stage and gate are adhered to, from a product development perspective; including necessary testing and scale up criteria.
About your experience
You'll have experience of working in a product development role with knowledge of end to end manufacturing from raw materials, right the way through product, packaging, storage and distribution.
Other key experience/attributes include;
- A creative flair and a passion for product development to exceed customer expectations
- Knowledge of supplier processes
- Knowledge of HACCP and product safety management systems.
- Experience of spreadsheet trackers and project management tools
- A level of commercial acumen that enables commerciality within product development to be realized
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 14-07-2021
Expiry Date: 12-07-2031