Digital Test Analyst *9 Month FTC*
Full-time, Up to £24,500 per annum
Salary: Up to £24,500 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Contract
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home Group we’re constantly adapting to transform pet care. Join us and work in a large scale Digital transformation programme that will help shape, build and deliver our next-generation holistic pet care service. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
About your role
As the Digital Test Analyst, we’ll look to you to ensure that system change implementations are error free with minimal disruption to the wider operation. You’ll take accountability for UAT policies, processes & quality assurance and UAT planning together with test analysis, design, preparation and execution.
You will join us on a nine month fixed term contract reporting into the Digital Test Lead and work closely with developers and other areas within the business to ensure everything is ready to test before being released into the live environment. This role will contribute to our end goal of a fully personalised customer experience that integrates pet care across store, multi-channel and vets to deliver seamless service.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Authoring BDD Test Scenarios and implementing using Java to execute against software components and demonstrate that the expected results match the actual results
- Identifying and planning to Automate new features developed within the sprint
- Improving Automation coverage where needed
- Maintaining Automation suite, planning execution against different environments and analysing results
- Taking feedback / suggestions from the System Test team to further enhance
- Providing assistance to the team during the release management process
- Investigating problems/failures in software as a result of testing and providing input to the team
- Working with QA analysts and software developers to find solutions
About your experience
You’ll have proven experience in both Automated and Manual testing of complex software applications, and you’ll have done this within an Agile environment.
A thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes will have been gained from a background of performing this functional testing, recording results in an appropriate, clear and concise format.
Key experience required for this role includes:
- Expertise in using Selenium WebDriver with Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, Appium
- Defect Management
- Experience of using test tracking tools such as Jira / HP ALM (Quality Center)
- Highly skilled in Test preparation, planning and execution
- Knowledge of CI tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Version Control (Git)
- Strong SQL knowledge and API Testing (SOAP/REST)
- Experience using practices such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and BDD
- Strong problem-solving skills
- An understanding of the latest trends
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
The successful candidate should ideally be ISTB or ISEB qualified having previously worked in a testing role within eCommerce/retail.
About our purpose
There are all kinds of personal and professional benefits to being part of our digital team, but it’s also worth remembering that everything we do has a sense of purpose. We’re not just here to sell food or treats, we want to help pets and their owners live happier, healthier lives together. When you make a project a success, there’s a pet and their owner at the other end who are benefitting from your efforts.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 07-06-2021
Expiry Date: 18-06-2021