People Advisor *6 Month FTC - flexible or part time working available*
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
People Advisor *6 Month FTC – flexible or part time working available*
Location: Handforth (Remote working with 1 or 2 days in the office a week)
Contract: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract - Looking for Part Time or flexible hours? Please let us know, we are keen to speak to you.
Salary: Up to £27,000 depending upon experience
About the Pets at Home Group
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for an experienced People Advisor with a working knowledge of employee relations, to join our team on a 6-month fixed term contract. Advising Store Managers, Area Managers and Colleagues across our retail stores on HR policies, procedures and terms and conditions of employment. This is a fast paced role, therefore you must be CIPD qualified, or working towards this, as well as having previous experience working within a busy Human Resources team, including supporting managers regarding ER issues.
Key Responsibilities but not limited to;
- Provide timely, professional HR advice to Store Managers and Area Managers particularly on HR policies, procedures, and terms & conditions of employment. This will be telephone based and in written format.
- Take responsibility for cases across the regions and to proactively manage these cases to ensure that advice is provided in a timely manner and concluded appropriately.
- Coach and support colleagues from individual stores and the Area Managers who are involved in ER cases to ensure they fulfil their role effectively.
- Check and advise on outcome letters for individual cases.
- Maintain colleague records on the HR system, including processing changes in personal details, notification of maternity / paternity, resignations etc.
- Input into HR reporting / management information as required.
- Provide input to payroll activity & related administration.
- Involvement in regional operations meetings as required.
If you have a high attention to detail, love to be kept busy and enjoy working to deadlines this could be the role you’ve been searching for. This role is busy, but what HR advisor role isn’t? If you’ve been looking to join a small group of friendly & helpful colleagues as well as looking to gain experience for a short period of time in a fast paced environment where we truly put our people and pets first then press the apply now button below and in a few short steps we would have received your application! This really is a great opportunity to work alongside great colleagues, where we put people at the heart of everything we do.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 07-09-2021
Expiry Date: 25-09-2021