Kickstart Colleague Communications Assistant
Contracted Hours: 25
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Are you organised, people focused, creative and looking to get on the job experience to help Kickstart your career? Want to work within an in-house communications team for a market leading specialist retailer?
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain some experience in an internal communications role. The ideal candidate will play a key role in developing communications to help engage, inform and inspire our colleagues. You will help the existing team write copy, coordinate weekly communications, liaise with stakeholders of different levels across the Group, as well as taking responsibility for some of our administrative processes.
We are looking for someone who is organised and has good attention to detail, with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to use their own initiative. We’re after someone who takes real pride in their work and surroundings and is comfortable communicating with others.
- Write copy for internal audiences e.g. this could be an internal business announcement for all colleagues, content for our colleague portal, or a script for a video
- Coordinate weekly communications
- Upload content to our colleague portal
- Collaborate and liaise with internal stakeholders and outside agencies where required
- Provide administrative support for the communications team
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
What you’ll need
- To meet the criteria of the Government ‘Kickstart Programme’
- Able to work and communicate with various key stakeholders within the business to meet agreed deadlines
- Trustworthy with high levels of personal integrity
- A “people person” with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a hands-on attitude, you take the initiative and are resilient
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- IT savvy, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong writing skills, with experience of writing copy for various end users desirable
- A creative interest
What makes our Pets at Home Kickstart placements so special?
During your 6-month Kickstart placement you’ll get best in class employability support with our partners The Prince’s Trust and your own in-store fully trained mentor who will be there to help and support you as you get hands-on with the role. You’ll also get the opportunity to attend a variety of different workshops that will help you grow your career. During your 6 month Kickstart placement you’ll also undertake industry leading training that will give you the skills and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is:
- Passionate about delivering great service?
- Flexible to work a minimum of 25 hours per week
To apply, please click the link below.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
To be eligible for the Kickstart programme you will also need to be:
- Aged 16-24 yrs when starting your Kickstart placement
- receiving Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be available to work for 25 hours
- Be able to undertake a 6-month training programme
Pets At Home will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link;
If you have any questions about the role please email
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-08-2021
Expiry Date: 14-08-2031