Supplier Quality Coordinator *8 Month FTC*
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the Role
We’re currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Coordinator to join us on an 8-month fixed term contract.
As a Supplier Quality Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Brexit Process for transporting products of animal origin (such as wet food/treats) to Northern Ireland runs smoothly and that Pets at Home are compliant with Government Legislation based on the Northern Ireland Protocol stipulations. Full training will be given on this.
You'll work closely with our Suppliers and internal stakeholders from within both the Quality and Distribution teams as well as fielding enquiries from other departments, and from government bodies who may require information. You will be the key link between all parties to ensure full compliance with process.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Being the key contact for our Suppliers on exports to Northern Ireland (NI) for Pets at Home
- Responsibilty for ensuring that our Suppliers are fully informed of process requirements, and their responsibilities in this regard
- Ensuring that Supplier export documentation is correct and valid inbound, and that this is in line with both Export Health Certification (EHC) and Distribution Centre (DC) requirements
- Working with the Outbound Brexit Coordinator at our Distribution Centre (DC), linking in paperwork and process to enable a smooth onward transition from DC to Freight Forwarders and Customs clearance at NI
- Trouble shooting and helping to resolve issues related to the Brexit Process for Products of Animal Origin
- Facilitating the upload of documentation onto Robotic Process Automation (RPA) interface
- Supporting Supplier audit requirements and providing a visibility tracker of compliance to the team so that a risk based approach to management can be achieved
Whilst it’s desirable that you have experience in a fast-paced moving consumer goods (FMCG) environment, this is not essential and, although this role is surrounding Brexit, we are not looking for an expert on Brexit.
This is a Coordinator role where you'll be ensuring that procedures are followed from start to finish and ensuring all details are logged. Due to the nature of the role it is fast paced but, if you are highly organised, enjoy working to deadlines and are a dab hand at Excel, this could be the role for you!
Please press the apply now button and in a few short steps your application would have been sent!
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-07-2021
Expiry Date: 31-07-2021